Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
When I worked in Pasadena and commuted from San Dimas and Ontario it wasn't all that bad. But it still sucked.
Yeah that's sort of a sucky commute.

My LONGEST commute was from Lafayette to Pleasanton for one of my offices.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Yeah that's sort of a sucky commute.

My LONGEST commute was from Lafayette to Pleasanton for one of my offices.
Isn't that a reverse commute at least?

You ain't answered if you was a QME btw...

Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Isn't that a reverse commute at least?

You ain't answered if you was a QME btw...
No I was not. In my line of work, I couldn't really be a QME. Maybe if I was a podiatrist.

Back on topic, let's be honest, BART is aging and falling apart, and MUNI is ineffective. At least the MTA and Metro are effective at what they do, and all of their trains were created after the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
It would also add more congestion.
More people logging more miles on the road = more congestion. Building denser community plans within the core Bay Area would result in an increase in traffic in the immediate zone, but it would help stop the increasing pressure on the Sunol Grade, the Altamont Pass, the Pacheco Pass, Hwy 4, the Nimitz, etc.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No I was not. In my line of work, I couldn't really be a QME. Maybe if I was a podiatrist.

Back on topic, let's be honest, BART is aging and falling apart, and MUNI is ineffective. At least the MTA and Metro are effective at what they do, and all of their trains were created after the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
Wut? Doc, you should know that any type of medical specialty might be required for a workers comp evaluation. There's tons of weirdness and strange industrial injuries going on. That don't make no sense Doc. Even if you only did 1 a year, you could be on the state QME panel...

Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
More people logging more miles on the road = more congestion. Building denser community plans within the core Bay Area would result in an increase in traffic in the immediate zone, but it would help stop the increasing pressure on the Sunol Grade, the Altamont Pass, the Pacheco Pass, Hwy 4, the Nimitz, etc.
Yeah I agree with that. It's merely transferring congestion though. To decrease congestion, quite simply you need to get cars OFF the road. To do that, the Bay Area either needs to increase the efficiency and local capacity of BART, or simply extend BART's reach. Neither of those options is going to take place anytime soon. The tragic part is we need both.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
Yeah I agree with that. It's merely transferring congestion though. To decrease congestion, quite simply you need to get cars OFF the road. To do that, the Bay Area either needs to increase the efficiency and local capacity of BART, or simply extend BART's reach. Neither of those options is going to take place anytime soon. The tragic part is we need both.
If you have more people living close to work and nearby transit corridors, that will increase the efficiency of every public transit system.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Which they are doing with their current projects, right?

Good time for some MLK songified.

martin luther king has a dream and it hast to be sung!! - YouTube

Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
I'm not sure how anyone can say that LA Metro is "effective" considering congestion OVERALL is WORSE in LA and the rail system carries FAR LESS riders compared to BART/MUNI/Caltrain.

Clearly you must not nothing about public transit overall. The FACTS are all there, public transit in LA is pathetic compared to the BAy Area. Lower growth, less riders, less financially efficient, etc..

Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Which they are doing with their current projects, right?
If you can name a major project where BART has been on budget and on time, then well... it would be a first.

i.e - The SFO station was planned back in the 80s. It didn't see the light of day until 2003.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland