U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM

16,645 posts, read 27,416,708 times

Advertisements

Bay Area's odds to host 50th Super Bowl looking up with new support, competition scrambling - ContraCostaTimes.com

Quote:
With two months before the NFL picks between the Bay Area and Miami to host the 50th Super Bowl, local leaders are landing endorsements while South Florida is frantically trying to win public support.
I don't think the Bay Area has ever hosted a Superbowl and I think it's long over due imo. It's not too cold here and hopefully if it's not an El Nino year might not rain too much if at all (like this year)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 PM

9,965 posts, read 15,602,971 times
There's been so many Super Bowls in Miami--let someone else have it.

Though shouldn't this really be in the San Jose forum? This would basically be the biggest thing to happen in Santa Clara since the opening of the previously named "Top Gun" coaster at Great America back in the 90s...

Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
There's been so many Super Bowls in Miami--let someone else have it.

Though shouldn't this really be in the San Jose forum? This would basically be the biggest thing to happen in Santa Clara since the opening of the previously named "Top Gun" coaster at Great America back in the 90s...
oh yeah, I forget that forum even exists, haha.

From the article:
"Although a Bay Area game would be played in the South Bay, San Francisco would still be the official host and home to the bulk of the pre-game events and hotel stays."

Not necessarily fair to Santa Clara/South Bay but completely understandable and expected imo.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
oh yeah, I forget that forum even exists, haha.

From the article:
"Although a Bay Area game would be played in the South Bay, San Francisco would still be the official host and home to the bulk of the pre-game events and hotel stays."

Not necessarily fair to Santa Clara/South Bay but completely understandable and expected imo.
Yeah, it's going to be a common thing going forward... Can't wait for all the NFL announcers in the future at the new stadium in the South Bay announcing, "Here we are in beautiful San Francisco, California..." while a aerial shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is cut in...

Just part of the new reality of the 49ers going forward--but I mean both football teams in New York have shared the same stadium in Jersey for years and it's not been that big a deal.

Anyhow, I'm all for the Super Bowl in the Bay Area, even though no matter who plays most available tickets will likely be going to corporate sponsors--but it'd be good for the area nonetheless...

Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM

343 posts, read 399,220 times
Quote:
Bay Area's odds to host 50th Super Bowl looking up with new support, competition scrambling - ContraCostaTimes.com

I don't think the Bay Area has ever hosted a Superbowl and I think it's long over due imo. It's not too cold here and hopefully if it's not an El Nino year might not rain too much if at all (like this year)
Super Bowl XIX was at Stanford

Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamadon1 View Post
Super Bowl XIX was at Stanford
I stand corrected. Pretty cool the Niners were in it and won though, must have been pretty amazing here (I was only 2 at the time).

Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 PM

6,802 posts, read 5,502,762 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. Pretty cool the Niners were in it and won though, must have been pretty amazing here (I was only 2 at the time).
Here's a bit of Pre-history for ya.

49ers The Catch "Montana to Clark" - YouTube

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Here's a bit of Pre-history for ya.

49ers The Catch "Montana to Clark" - YouTube
I was 5 when that happened and even remember watching the Super Bowl, but I suppose I didn't ever remember that it was held at Stanford. Though I remember that the year before that they held an Olympic soccer match at Stanford which we all got excited about after my dad went. Stanford Stadium got bigger events back in the day...

Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM

343 posts, read 399,220 times
The Catch was not at Stanford and was not in the Super Bowl

Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 AM

6,802 posts, read 5,502,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamadon1 View Post
The Catch was not at Stanford and was not in the Super Bowl
Thank you Captain Obvious. Just sharing a 49er moment from around when he was born, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland