Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 PM

495 posts, read 1,830,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Noooooo. Those are probably the places I'm using to park.
hahaaa. true! i won't write the book then, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 PM

495 posts, read 1,830,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
The issue isn't necessarily you. It's the collective. San Francisco is a dangerous place to drive and park.
Oh, I know you weren't referring to me, I didn't take it personally. I do disagree with the statement that SF is dangerous place to drive and park. Well, I take that back. If you believe it is, then yes it will be. You'll continue to create experiences that validate how you see it and it will continue to be crappy and dangerous for you. I chose to always be positive about it and before I left the house I'd say I'm going to find a parking spot and I always did. I've got the parking karma, woo-hoo, lol.

Take it easy.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,238 times
Default proof for legallying parking in front of own driveway

I recently got a ticket (1 hour limit) for parking in front of my own driveway, and i got denied for appealing the ticket. So, i'm now ready to go for the hearing and trying to get something to show that i am legal to park in front of my own driveway. Do you know where i can get prove for parking on the street in front of a driveway, provided it's your driveway.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Bedbugs? I was thinking cooties.

Well, people get parking permits. Just like Seattle in high density zones. My friend (who lives nextdoor) has one. They can park 24-7 in the zone which they have the permit for. Also, unlike any where else I've ever lived, it is ok in San Francisco to park on the street in front of a driveway, provided it's your driveway. My friends that live nextdoor have three cars. They all have permits. The rotate parking in the garage, with the other person parking on the street. The person out of the garage, will first look for a spot on the street (non-driveway spot)..if one is not found, he will park on the street in front of the driveway.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstang View Post
I recently got a ticket (1 hour limit) for parking in front of my own driveway, and i got denied for appealing the ticket. So, i'm now ready to go for the hearing and trying to get something to show that i am legal to park in front of my own driveway. Do you know where i can get prove for parking on the street in front of a driveway, provided it's your driveway.?
You were probably denied because you're not allowed to block a driveway even if it is your own driveway according to the California Vehicle Code section 22500-e.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,365 times
Consider CarShare + Muni + BIKE + Feet.

Consider the cost of a car, and parking, and insurance.

And now, for only a few extra bits of aggrivation, find out how much parking tickets cost today.

And find out the cost rises scheduled to make budget ends meet.

How much do you REALLY want to pay?

Old 04-21-2008, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 10,365 times
btw: Blue tags or plates (aka: handicapped) mean nothing.

There's no spots to be had, and they'd be filled anyhow -- the price of a handicapped infraction being as low as it is.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:41 PM

409 posts, read 1,830,040 times
nobody needs a car in SF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland