Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,614 times

Advertisements

Hi,
i'm Alessio, from Italy.
In July i will came in San Francisco for my honeymoon, some days in San Francisco then Las Vegas, Gran Canyon And Hawaii.
I'll stay in San Francisco from 1 to 4 of July, when i trip i don'y (only) wanna be a tourist, but i want to see the real life, the normal life in the city.
So i always look for live concert, threate, try to find if there is any festival o something tipical when i stay in a place.
I'm looking for website or suggestion to non-touristic place,to events, to something to see.
Is there any help here?
Really Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
That sounds like a great vacation!

You should walk the streets to get a feeling of the city. You can start in Union Square then walk to China Town to North Beach (Little Italy) to Telegraph Hill (Coit Tower) to Filbert Steps (Google It) to Fisherman's Wharf to G. Square to Marina District to Golden Gate Bridge. You'll pass by local neighborhoods, some tourist areas, it will be a nice mixture. If you have a car, you should definitely check out Battery Spencer (across the Golden Gate Bridge), Fort Funston, Twin Peaks, Muir Woods. You can watch the 4th of July Fireworks. You will miss the big festivals. If you need help planning Las Vegas, let me know. I go there a few times a year.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,614 times
I have not a car (just at Hawaii) but what you write seem so good :-)
And what about nightlife? For sure we will see the fireworks :-)
There are also some playground where play basket? I play it here in Italy (no pro!) and it would be so nice play in the land of Nba :-)

For Vegas, write me what you want, i will be the next 2 days, at luxor hotel...i'm also looking for some show, it really seems so expensive (show of David Copperfield or Cirque du Solei cost from 100dollars each person).

And, for San Francisco, there are indie clubs? Local or small band, something like the little english clubs?
Thank you again!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:29 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyo85 View Post
I have not a car (just at Hawaii) but what you write seem so good :-)
And what about nightlife? For sure we will see the fireworks :-)
There are also some playground where play basket? I play it here in Italy (no pro!) and it would be so nice play in the land of Nba :-)

For Vegas, write me what you want, i will be the next 2 days, at luxor hotel...i'm also looking for some show, it really seems so expensive (show of David Copperfield or Cirque du Solei cost from 100dollars each person).

And, for San Francisco, there are indie clubs? Local or small band, something like the little english clubs?
Thank you again!
There are tour shuttle that will take you to Muir Woods. You could also take public transit to Twin Peaks. Google Maps is great for public transit directions. Dolores Park would be a fun place to shoot some hoops. You should use Yelp.com for bar, restaurant, spa etc reviews. I'll send you a DM for Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland