U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 7,080 times

Advertisements

We are seriously considering moving to San Ramon/Dublin area from Berkeley. We have been exploring the area for the past couple of weekends and have consistently seen high winds (and higher temperatures than here). Our 5 year old is suffering from unknown airborne allergies and frequently has symptoms like wheezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, water eyes, runny nose, etc. I was wondering how prevalent allergies are in San Ramon/Dublin given the high winds. Do kids with allergies have issues? Any input in this regard would be really helpful. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM

3,987 posts, read 8,577,345 times
Yes...spring time allergies are prevalent in this entire region...wind or no wind! It really depends on what your child is allergic to...rye grasses, oak, sycamore, weeds, etc. It's everywhere for a couple of months and tends to slow down right about now. My own child has to take prescription nasal sprays and occasionally needs to stay home from school over them. Pediatric allergists around here must be making a fortune! Good idea to visit one if you move out so your child won't have to suffer too badly for the season.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 7,080 times
Hi Clongirl, Thanks so much for your response. I don't think one can escape from allergies in the bay area. I have lived here for 10 yrs now and this year, they are getting to me as well. They never used to bother me before. Thanks again.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM

578 posts, read 1,235,630 times
I second the Nasonex for allergies ... moved from the valley to the Oakland area, allergies suck regardless. It's just better to take the medicine because it deals with both allergy issues AND asthma (wheezing, coughing, breathing problems). If your kid has not been diagnosed with asthma, you should take him/her in so you can have an emergency inhaler in case of an extreme attack due to allergies in case they do.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM

128 posts, read 308,567 times
Took my 5 year old to a park up there in the new home area of San Ramon and it tore both of us up.

That was in spring. Not sure how it is yr round.

In my research I found you cannot escape allergies. Only spot to get the most relief is at the beach.

Trying to save up for Ocean side home now!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM

35,694 posts, read 39,250,396 times
The tri valley region is allergy hell. When I was little, 40 years ago, I had bad allergies and needed to take shots. I didn't live here back then but the ONLY allergy clinic in the area was in Livermore ... because they really needed it I suppose! I had to commute here for years and years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland