Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,860,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Well since Mont just obliterated your "fortune 500" comment already, I'll add that the account was meant to show that companies are committed to sponsorships for the A's: naming rights, seat licenses, luxury boxes, etc. Some of those companies included: Kaiser, Clorox, Safeway, World Market,
And I just "obliterated" Mont and you right back with the posts above

Just in case you missed it:

45 East Bay companies = $1 million pledge.

1 San Jose company (Cisco) = $120 million naming rights pledge.

Kaiser, Clorox, Safeway, World Market, Chevron, et al, all of that money and all they can pull is $1 million. A bit sad, ain't it?

Last edited by bobby_guz_man; 06-20-2013 at 10:43 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 10:39 PM

Look, this is just nuts...seriously...we're all A's fans tearing one another apart, while the fvckin Giants sit and laugh and do all they can to remove our team from the Bay Area

If someone builds in Oakland, I'm going to the games. If someone builds in San Jose, I'm going to the games. I don't care where it's located anymore, it's damn time we get our own spanking new ballpark so that I can rub it in the Giants and their fans' smug ugly faces and rip those stupid Panda hats and jam them up their asses.

Fudck the Giants!!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Some of us are actual A's fans, some others simply City of Oakland fans that I doubt have even attended any games this year.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
What does a "Blue Collar" ticket go for these days?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent22 View Post
"Mont" didn't obliterate anything. He has been conveniently ignoring the presence of the Giants with all these idiotic arguments like a team would be better off in Oakland than Salt Lake.
Yes and Utah has ZERO fortune 500 companies.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Look, this is just nuts...seriously...we're all A's fans tearing one another apart, while the fvckin Giants sit and laugh and do all they can to remove our team from the Bay Area

If someone builds in Oakland, I'm going to the games. If someone builds in San Jose, I'm going to the games. I don't care where it's located anymore, it's damn time we get our own spanking new ballpark so that I can rub it in the Giants and their fans' smug ugly faces and rip those stupid Panda hats and jam them up their asses.

Fudck the Giants!!!!
Well, I havent made one disparaging remark against the city of SJ because its understandable why they would like a team. I get it.

But guess what, plenty of people in the SF-Oakland forum would like the team to stay put and we have clearly pointed out many reasons why it could work.

And I love how people become provincial when it comes to corporations, when the richest man on the Peninsula has no problem whatsoever buying the naming rights to Oakland's arena.

Like companies wouldnt line up to support a new stadium in Oakland? In what warped, delusional world would that ever occur? Only in the unrealistic mind of Lew Wolff.

People even in the Bay Area clearly dont know Oakland or the East Bay as well as they think they do.

But that's okay, cause if the MLBs blue ribbon committee did their due diligence, which I think actually happened, they will side with Oakland.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes and Utah has ZERO fortune 500 companies.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.
Salt Lake City may not have any Fortune 500 companies, but it is the main city of the entire state of Utah. There could be an argument made that they could be a "baseball" destination, due to the lack of any professional teams besides the Jazz. But I have to agree that this is very hard. Same goes for Oakland as well, with minimal corporate presence, it'll be tough

Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, I havent made one disparaging remark against the city of SJ because its understandable why they would like a team. I get it.

But guess what, plenty of people in the SF-Oakland forum would like the team to stay put and we have clearly pointed out many reasons why it could work.

And I love how people become provincial when it comes to corporations, when the richest man on the Peninsula has no problem whatsoever buying the naming rights to Oakland's arena.

Like companies wouldnt line up to support a new stadium in Oakland? In what warped, delusional world would that ever occur? Only in the unrealistic mind of Lew Wolff.

People even in the Bay Area clearly dont know Oakland or the East Bay as well as they think they do.

But that's okay, cause if the MLBs blue ribbon committee did their due diligence, which I think actually happened, they will side with Oakland.
It is provincial when it comes to corporations because there is a distinct chasm of corporate presence between the western-southern part of the Bay Area versus the northern-eastern part. This is a fact. We NEED corporate presence (naming rights, PSLs, etc.) for a ballpark to be built with private money anywhere in the Bay Area, since the Bay Area governments are averse to spending public funds, and rightly so.

So far, we have not seen any corporate entity willing to put their money where their mouth is in regards to a ballpark in Oakland. $1 million in pledge is simply not enough. Don Knauss pulling a disappearing act after a talk with Lew Wolff, is not enough.

And I hope it can work in Oakland. If it doesn't happen in San Jose, then I seriously do hope that a new ballpark can be built in Oakland. I've been going to games for 23 years. I am used to it, and I don't mind sitting in traffic for an hour and a half on the way up, and 1 hour on the way down, for the next 40 years.

I don't mind sitting in that ****hole Coliseum because I've been doing it for 23 years and I can continue doing so for the next 40 years.

If San Jose doesn't happen, and the A's are faced with either staying in the decrepit ****hole for the next 40 years or moving out of state, then I would still rather go to the decrepit ****hole for the next 40 years if it means keeping my team.

But I would really like to go to a nice, modern ballpark...is that too much to ask?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
It is provincial when it comes to corporations because there is a distinct chasm of corporate presence between the western-southern part of the Bay Area versus the northern-eastern part. This is a fact. We NEED corporate presence (naming rights, PSLs, etc.) for a ballpark to be built with private money anywhere in the Bay Area, since the Bay Area governments are averse to spending public funds, and rightly so.

So far, we have not seen any corporate entity willing to put their money where their mouth is in regards to a ballpark in Oakland. $1 million in pledge is simply not enough. Don Knauss pulling a disappearing act after a talk with Lew Wolff, is not enough.

And I hope it can work in Oakland. If it doesn't happen in San Jose, then I seriously do hope that a new ballpark can be built in Oakland. I've been going to games for 23 years. I am used to it, and I don't mind sitting in traffic for an hour and a half on the way up, and 1 hour on the way down, for the next 40 years.

I don't mind sitting in that ****hole Coliseum because I've been doing it for 23 years and I can continue doing so for the next 40 years.

But I would really like to go to a nice, modern ballpark...is that too much to ask?
Okay great, anything else?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Salt Lake City may not have any Fortune 500 companies, but it is the main city of the entire state of Utah. There could be an argument made that they could be a "baseball" destination, due to the lack of any professional teams besides the Jazz. But I have to agree that this is very hard. Same goes for Oakland as well, with minimal corporate presence, it'll be tough
The entire state of Utah is only about the same population as Alameda, Contra Costa and San Joaquin counties.

And since you brought up wealthy households, you might be interested in knowing that Utah is nowhere near as wealthy as the East Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland