Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM

27 posts, read 184,084 times

Advertisements

With that, my search concludes and Rockridge in Oakland it is.
I am sold by the people buzz, proximity to downtown and many beautiful parks & lakes here. The weather in the East Bay is also very nice.

It met our criteria the most.

It has good Elementary schools, is family friendly and 20 min BART ride gets you in to the city.

Thanks everyone for your help.
This forum has been very kind to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:25 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,061,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsi View Post
Thanks. I just saw them on Google maps. Oakland looks really nice - with proximity to lake, parks and a Children's fairyland! I have however seen some online posts about safety concerns in Oakland. How true is that?

Berkeley does appear to have a lot of Indian restaurants..which would indicate a tonne of Indian population.

What's the estimated rent at both these burbs and the commute time?

I will keep them on my list - THANKS!
Actually, Indian restaurants are pretty popular in the US, kind of like how yoga has been popular for years and prior to that, college towns had lots of indian food, popular with the backpacker and bohemian set for decades now. You can find some outstanding indian restaurants in small cities or college towns with no sizable indian presence, for example. So indian markets are a a better/surer sign to use than restaurants, as far as determining indian communities.

Also, if this hasn't been mentioned: Padmapper is also good for rental listings. Enjoy your time!

Old 09-12-2017, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 701 times
Anybody living in Avalon San Bruno. I am looking for friends here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland