Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 PM

6 posts, read 8,509 times

Advertisements

Thinking about purchasing our first home in livermore. Im aware theres gang members but dont often hear any big issues on the news.

I am looking in the northwest areas of livermore. Any advice?

Theres a few article last year stating livermore is top cities to buy and live in. I have my doubts but would love to hear from actual experience.

I would like your to know your opinion and experience of livermore.

Thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhifer View Post
Thinking about purchasing our first home in livermore. Im aware theres gang members but dont often hear any big issues on the news.

I am looking in the northwest areas of livermore. Any advice?

Theres a few article last year stating livermore is top cities to buy and live in. I have my doubts but would love to hear from actual experience.

I would like your to know your opinion and experience of livermore.

Thank you all

I live in Livermore and have for the last 7 years or so. We bought a house in old northside in 2011 this would be considered one of the "bad" parts of Livermore. Our neighborhood has a large percentage of Latinos and the graffiti in the area would signal that some are "gangbangers". But really these are wannabe gangsters and they pretty much just cause problems with each other and they don't bother us. some times it can be hard to get parking in front of our house because some of our neighbors have multiple families living in one home.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Livermore is one of the better places you could live. Even the "bad" places aren't really. I just came back from having dinner there. Lot's going on, great downtown, all sorts of housing from mobile homes and old apartment/condos to estates on vineyards. I can't think of anything bad and would live there myself without hesitation.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:26 AM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times
Good investment

Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM

6 posts, read 27,093 times
^ +1 to hydro

I have lived in Livermore for 15+ years and have recently got into the real estate industry.

The downtown area is growing at an extremely fast rate, and IMO is the best downtown strip compared to other cities in a 25 mile radius. The "gang problem" is not a problem. The open space, close proximity to major cities, and the small town vibe make Livermore and excellent place to live.

What is making you lean towards the NW part of town? Do you have children? Some schools are better than others, so that may direct where you are looking to buy.

I prefer the neighborhoods south of First st. and east of Holmes st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland