Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,170 times

Advertisements

I am a 30 year old single professional female and its been 10 year dream of mine to move to San Francisco. I am originally from the MD/DC area, but currently in Las Cruces, NM (not many people even know where that is) and no matter what, by the end of the year, will be moving somewhere.

I work in sales - I make $80k-$100k a year - so I can afford up to $1200/month in rent. I would want to continue working in sales - I currently sell advertising. I have two dogs - so I would love to be nearby parks and having a backyard would be amazing! I have a car, though I am willing to ditch it - I didn't have one when I lived in DC.

Would love to live in a house with roommates to get to know people right away. Would love to be close to restaurants, bars, coffee shops, public transportation, parks, etc. And would obviously like it to be safe enough. I need to be in a more young (and by young I mean late 20's early 30's) social scene. I'm not big into partying, but I love to try out local restaurants, craft beer, cocktails, listen to live music. I also love to hike, be outdoors, camp. I just love the idea of San Francisco because it seems to have all of these things while still being in close enough proximity to get away from the city and explore.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if I'm headed in the right direction. And if so, areas in San Fran that sound like a good fit. I'm headed out there in about 3 months to check it out and would love suggestions!

Lastly - any word on the dating scene in San Fran? It is non-existent where I currently am!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,718,440 times
Having 2 dogs will be an issue for landlords. SF landlords are not dog-friendly. I think you're going to have to raise your housing budget upwards.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,170 times
Is this including Oakland? I've been looking on Craigslist to determine my budget and availability and I've seen plenty of rooms in houses where people already have dogs or are welcoming of dogs, and within my price range, if not below...

Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,991,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebaby View Post
Is this including Oakland? I've been looking on Craigslist to determine my budget and availability and I've seen plenty of rooms in houses where people already have dogs or are welcoming of dogs, and within my price range, if not below...
I don't know about dogs being more welcome in Oakland, but I kind of think that would be the case. There are more places with yards and stuff in Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland