Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,925,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palermodude View Post
I like gizmo980's post. It kind of makes refreshing sense.

However, it does not necessarily cost a lot to look stylish. And library patrons judging a stylish appearance as being too fancy (when in fact fashion can be affordable) are simply not in tune with fashion (because they should know better). You should not give in to the whims of the library patrons if they are in the wrong. (I understand that heels will be difficult regardless). And your co-workers may laugh for what reasons?
My co-workers would only laugh because it would be impractical & out-of-place, if I were dressed in a mini-skirt and heels. We had one page (person who shelves books) who always wore high heels, and we thought she was crazy! I have arthritis in my feet, so it's not really an issue for me, but I wouldn't wear them to the library regardless. As for my overall appearance, it also depends on the neighborhood where I'm working... my last job was in a low-income area, working primarily with teens, so I didn't want to make them jealous or uncomfortable. I don't exactly let them dictate my wardrobe, but I just try to look appropriate for the job. Does that make sense?

Quote:
At the same time, I love women in jeans, but only well-cut jeans (as opposed to soccer mom jeans), so you get some rep points from me, if you are wearing cool jeans to the library (as long as they show off curves, of course).
LOL... I wear jeans almost every day, but they're usually nothing exciting. I do have a few pairs that are "cool," and they get compliments whenever I wear them to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 PM

16 posts, read 19,070 times
Style? In San Francisco? San Francisco Style? That's an oxymoron!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,385,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio-moves View Post
Style? In San Francisco? San Francisco Style? That's an oxymoron!
I see you are on a troll rampage! Must be boring in Texas tonight!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I see you are on a troll rampage! Must be boring in Texas tonight!
Ye-ha geezer! I'll slow down for you

Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM

473 posts, read 1,702,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My co-workers would only laugh because it would be impractical & out-of-place, if I were dressed in a mini-skirt and heels. We had one page (person who shelves books) who always wore high heels, and we thought she was crazy! I have arthritis in my feet, so it's not really an issue for me, but I wouldn't wear them to the library regardless. As for my overall appearance, it also depends on the neighborhood where I'm working... my last job was in a low-income area, working primarily with teens, so I didn't want to make them jealous or uncomfortable. I don't exactly let them dictate my wardrobe, but I just try to look appropriate for the job. Does that make sense?

LOL... I wear jeans almost every day, but they're usually nothing exciting. I do have a few pairs that are "cool," and they get compliments whenever I wear them to work.
Mini skirt and stiletto pumps are hot on a woman. Gets my attention. I love to see a woman who dresses up like this or is very feminine in appearance and in fashion. Of course I'm a leg man

I would at least prefer that she dress feminine and not like a tomboy which it seems like 75% of the women here in SF are.
I can say this as I'm single and available. From what I have seen women that dress up know how to get mens attention and the women are generally single and on the market.
Most women here don't dress feminine for whatever reason perhaps they are not on the market or already married and have no need to get anyones attention and feel secure with the person they are with.

I see alot of women that let themselves go once they get established in a relationship or married-I don't know the reason for this maybe it is because they don't feel the need to get anyones attention anymore and get too comfortable with the person they are with and just let themselves go to pot.

But here in SF there are few if any that dress feminine on a normal basis let alone have a body to dress up like this. I don't know why this is. When I ride the SF Muni everyone who rides that bus looks grungy and like criminals. Maybe it is because the rents and mortgages are so high in SF with $2.00 bus fares that keep going up so no one can afford to dress nice.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
Mini skirt and stiletto pumps are hot on a woman. Gets my attention. I love to see a woman who dresses up like this or is very feminine in appearance and in fashion. Of course I'm a leg man

I would at least prefer that she dress feminine and not like a tomboy which it seems like 75% of the women here in SF are.
Don't you know the weather here? You can die from hypothermia by wearing a mini-skirt. I think the main reason women cannot dress sexy here is because of the cold weather. They are all covered in northface jackets and hoodies! Wait for one of those rare warm days...

Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 AM

157 posts, read 332,481 times
Well, since the weather is never good enough to wear mini-skirts the women usually don't have the body to show it off, so when the weather is actually nice enough and girls are wearing less clothing, a lot leaves to be desired I rather have them cover up instead!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Don't you know the weather here? You can die from hypothermia by wearing a mini-skirt. I think the main reason women cannot dress sexy here is because of the cold weather. They are all covered in northface jackets and hoodies! Wait for one of those rare warm days...
I know the weather here as I was born and raised here.
That's what they have stockings for or pantyhose to keep them warm. Even then they can wear a coat over them when outside. Usually inside a car or someone's place isn't cold.
Even on warm days old habits die hard Probably alot of women here don't feel comfortable about showing off their legs or perhaps it is too much maintenance for them.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
why is everyone in this lame city always using the weather as an excuse. It is cold in London and those people know how to dress!!! Hypothermia?! Come, on! The weather is just an excuse to be a lazy slob.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio-moves View Post
why is everyone in this lame city always using the weather as an excuse. It is cold in London and those people know how to dress!!! Hypothermia?! Come, on! The weather is just an excuse to be a lazy slob.
True we have some of the greatest weather here. Maybe Obesity has taken over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland