Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM

875 posts, read 1,088,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogbun View Post
What I *have* seen a lot of on guys is the long-sleeved white tee under a darker teeshirt, and jeans. It's nearly ubiquitous. That, to me, is sooooooooo San Francisco. What's up with that?
It's sooooooo northern Californian, where the temps change quickly, and people dress in layers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 05:26 PM

875 posts, read 1,088,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
Well i dont know about other bay area men on this board but i think europe can keep those woman. I dont find it stimulating to look at toothpics in thousand dollar dresses.
I'm female but I totally agree with you; and notice how they're usually so pale and unhealthy looking too? Bleh

Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 PM

358 posts, read 1,914,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
Well i dont know about other bay area men on this board but i think europe can keep those woman. I dont find it stimulating to look at toothpics in thousand dollar dresses.
By toothpics, do you mean toothpics, or do you mean "not as fat as the average fatass American"?
Skinny and pale sounds good to me! Most people who are pale probably aren't pale due to a medical reason. More like they're pale because they don't go to unhealthy means to change their skin tone.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 AM

129 posts, read 662,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
By toothpics, do you mean toothpics, or do you mean "not as fat as the average fatass American"?
Skinny and pale sounds good to me! Most people who are pale probably aren't pale due to a medical reason. More like they're pale because they don't go to unhealthy means to change their skin tone.
I HEARTILY AGREE!

I dig on the darker hair paler skin look - and those same girls are oftentimes jealous of me, since in the winter I retain a 'tanned' look, due to my romanian heritage.

Who cares about tans - and blonde hair disgusts me.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM

718 posts, read 2,684,986 times
yea sorry i dont dig that whole emo im stuck inside all day and my skin looks like paste thing . or the whole im so skinny i can fit both legs in a womans size 2 pants thing. or the whole im white but i dye my hair black to look more ethnic thing. i like a healthy american woman with a good healthy sun tan and some meat on their bones. fair blonde hair is good too.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,167,499 times
Is there such a thing as a "good healthy sun tan"? I may be biased though because I think the sexiest women are the ones with skin like milk.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 AM

718 posts, read 2,684,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Is there such a thing as a "good healthy sun tan"? I may be biased though because I think the sexiest women are the ones with skin like milk.
^^ another transplant

Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,377 times
Default Dark Skin is Beautiful

I heard a lifestyle show in Sirius Satellite radio stating that more people like to have tanned skin rather than pale or silky-milk skin and I definitely agree with them! Nothings beats having an exotic sun-tanned skin!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:59 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
Well, to each his/her own... what you describe as a "fatass" (very rude, btw ) might be perfect to somebody else. I'm with skatealone on this one - you can keep the pale and skinny, I'll take a little meat & healthy glow, thanks. I'm obviously referring to what I like in a man, but I'd feel the same way about women if I were gay or male.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:41 PM

358 posts, read 1,914,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, to each his/her own... what you describe as a "fatass" (very rude, btw ) might be perfect to somebody else. I'm with skatealone on this one - you can keep the pale and skinny, I'll take a little meat & healthy glow, thanks. I'm obviously referring to what I like in a man, but I'd feel the same way about women if I were gay or male.
I understand what you mean. But how is what I said so rude? I mean it could be seen as rude to generalize a population of all being too skinny, and to connect being skinny and pale with having health problems and not taking care of ones self. That's what I was replying to. America has a huge (no pun intended) weight problem... that's a fact... and it's disgusting.

Anyway, tans aren't healthy at all. All a tan is is the body reacting to getting too much sunlight - trying to protect itself. I mean yeah, skin cancer is so hott(??). It can look good I know, but I'm just saying, it's not healthier than lacking a tan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland