Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Just a week after encouraging a vote immediately, Quan wants to delay the vote again.

Wish I could say I'm shocked, but I'm not. The A's just need to move to San Jose, a city with a half a brain since moving forward in Oakland seems to require and act of god.

Jean Quan tries to delay Coliseum vote, seeks more talks - San Francisco Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:02 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Just a week after encouraging a vote immediately, Quan wants to delay the vote again.

Wish I could say I'm shocked, but I'm not. The A's just need to move to San Jose, a city with a half a brain since moving forward in Oakland seems to require and act of god.

Jean Quan tries to delay Coliseum vote, seeks more talks - San Francisco Chronicle
LOL

So your hostile posts are really because you are a SJ booster. Now I get it.

And in case you've forgotten, Santa Clara county belongs to the Giants.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:34 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Wow, your SUPER FAN memory goes back as far as last season? How about the past week? 3-1 A's

congrats on winning the mid season championship......

Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL

So your hostile posts are really because you are a SJ booster. Now I get it.

And in case you've forgotten, Santa Clara county belongs to the Giants.
I want the a's in San Jose because it makes sense for the a's, it makes sense for San Jose and it makes sense for baseball.

The a's cannot even get a lease renewell approved by the city of Oakland and you somehow believe they will be able to get a stadium built.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 AM

14,680 posts, read 14,645,402 times
The problem is having so many entities involved in what happens with the Coliseum. It needs to be the Coliseum Authority alone, not the CA, Oakland CC & County Supervisors, who should be negotiating with the A's.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I want the a's in San Jose because it makes sense for the a's, it makes sense for San Jose and it makes sense for baseball.
But most of all, your a San Jose booster. There's nothing wrong with that but you should stop pretending to be some advocate fir the greater good cause thats laughable.

And if you were truly concerned, youd advocate for a new owner cause he is the worst owner in major league baseball.

Quote:
The a's cannot even get a lease renewell approved by the city of Oakland and you somehow believe they will be able to get a stadium built.
Right so the city is supposed to give the A's a lease with an easy escape clause while essentially telling the Raiders(who want to build) to leave town?

And you can ignore the Giants territorial claim but MLB is NOT.

LOL and unless you have anything new to say, no need to come back with reguritated drivel already posted in this thread.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
But most of all, your a San Jose booster. There's nothing wrong with that but you should stop pretending to be some advocate fir the greater good cause thats laughable.

And if you were truly concerned, youd advocate for a new owner cause he is the worst owner in major league baseball.

Right so the city is supposed to give the A's a lease with an easy escape clause while essentially telling the Raiders(who want to build) to leave town?

And you can ignore the Giants territorial claim but MLB is NOT.

LOL and unless you have anything new to say, no need to come back with reguritated drivel already posted in this thread.
San Jose is actually the greater good. It is the second largest city in the state, largest in the Bay Area, and it doesn't have a baseball team even when a team wants to move there and the land is available to build, and the city wants a team.

Lew isn't the worst owner in baseball by far, all the other owners get to build their new stadiums without issue. Lew and partners actually have a plan to build without tax payer funding, which cannot be said for almost all other stadiums in mlb.

They already have an escape clause when their current two year lease ends. The A's are trying to make a good faith agreement with Oakland and alameda county. Instead they get, no show meetings, we need to vote, never mind lets renigotiate, never mind let's vote, never mind lets renigotiate.

MLB can over rule the giants territorial claim in the interest of baseball without issue.

Same goes for you about the repeated drivel.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:36 AM

14,680 posts, read 14,645,402 times
The votes are not there to overturn the Giants' claim, and the A's (other than saying so ad nauseum) haven't definitively proven Oakland will not work for a new ballpark, which is what will need to happen for MLB owners to grant them San Jose.
That being said, Oakland needs to get its house in order if they're going to ever be able to work with the A's on a new home in the city.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
A's are a small market team and the Giants make the MLB too much money, so their territorial rights in the South Bay aren't going anywhere. At this point, Sacramento is likelier than San Jose. Lew Wolff needs to either sell the team or figure out a better solution in Oakland.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
A's are a small market team and the Giants make the MLB too much money, so their territorial rights in the South Bay aren't going anywhere. At this point, Sacramento is likelier than San Jose. Lew Wolff needs to either sell the team or figure out a better solution in Oakland.
A's are a small market team because they are in Oakland. They suck on the teat of revenue sharing. That would all go away in San Jose, they would become a mid market team, get better sponsors, which leads to a better tv deal. They would then be able start paying into revenue sharing instead of taking from it. This benifits 28 other teams and is a detriment to one. Which do you think is better for baseball?

The giants want the A's out of the Bay Area so they can have the largest single team market in the US. The Bay Area is the only two team market in the US with territorial rights.

I hope the lawsuit against the anti trust exemptions makes its way to SCOTUS. I would love to watch mlb crap in their pants wondering if one of the most ridiculous rulings still standing gets overturned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland