Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,021,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Perhaps, but when I was 17, I didn't need to do "stupid things" like sticking my leg in the tiger cage in order to learn that was a bad idea.
Not only that, the 17 year old that died was in the company of his friends, and they were 19 and 23 years of age. I hope that the family of the dead boy successfully sues those brothers and gets their settlement money. As of two days ago, the brothers and their family was still refusing to talk to the Sousa family. I am sad that we will probably never know the real truth as to what happened that day. Those brothers are mum and they too busy lawyering up and trying to get as much settlement money as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
miu

Here's something very curious. The brothers are of Indian descent. The day before in India, a man was arrested for jumping into a tigers enclosure at the Patna zoo. And it was his third time doing it! I wonder if this is some sort of crazy Indian test of bravery? And this man is close in age to the oldest Dhaliwal brother. Just a coincidence??

Man jumps into tiger enclosure

Quote:
Patna, Dec 24 A man who jumped into an enclosure for the big cats at the Patna zoo surprisingly made it back from the jaws of death for a third time with some injuries. He, however, has been booked for attempted suicide.

Sudhir Yadav, 25, clambered up the iron-mesh, crossed the dry moat and walked up to the white tigeress “Shwetwari” yesterday, as benumbed visitors at the Sanjay Gandhi

Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM

463 posts, read 643,322 times
oh come off it

Old 01-02-2008, 01:49 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,453,415 times
I don't like th SF Zoo. The animals always seemed so depressed to me. I always left feeling awful for them, so I quit going.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:00 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,237,838 times
The New York Post is reporting that the brothers had slingshots on them and booze in their car. If true this could certainly explain a few things, like needing Geragos as a lawyer . . .

TIGER BROTHERS HAD SLINGSHOTS

Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 AM
miu

Well, this is the latest article on the tiger attack from the SF Chronicle.

S.F. Zoo visitor says she saw 2 victims of tiger attack teasing lions

Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,300,972 times
The fact the two brothers refuse to speak with the dead boy's family and have to lawyer up...what does that tell you all? If they had nothing to hide they would be all over the news.
I feel the dead person and his family and the poor cat are the victims.
The truth will probably never come out anyway and people can only speculate about what really caused that tragedy.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 AM

902 posts, read 712,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten_g View Post
I have to echo what redwoodlvr already said...it is sad what happened to those innocent by-standers. Tatiana wasn't happy, and only wanted to be back 'home' with her family which she was separated from. It's not her fault. That's all I have to say.
Losing life is trajic but they asked for it by taunting the tiger and deserved to get what they got. Why is it that millions upon millions of visitors had no trouble with the tigers and then all of a sudden these idiot teenagers taunt and she did what animals do, protected her territory. The really sad thing is that they killed the tiger.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 AM

302 posts, read 931,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
Acting silly and doing dumb things is completely "normal" for young men their ages. They just don't think about the consequences much of the time. It has nothing to do with their upbringing, they're just young! I call it the young and dumb syndrome.

Had the zoo been properly constructed, the tiger would have never been able to jump out under any circumstances.

Regardless of any of this, the bottom line is a young man is dead, and a beautiful animal is dead. The loss of life by far exceeds whose fault it is!!
NO! It is EVERYTHING to do with upbringing. I wouldn't have done that as a 7 year old, because I knew better by then. When I was a young child my parents taught me to respect animals and behave myself in a public setting.

I hope those kids get nothing. I'm not happy with the way the zoo is run/has been run, but my sympathy lies with the deceased teenager (reportedly not taughting), the tiger and all the animals at zoos, acquariums, etc. There are other ways to learn about animals other than locking them in cages.

My heart goes out to the dead boy, but I blame the tiger least of anyone.

Taugting these poor animals is a travesty and I hope the survivors and their lawyer get squak. Of course, anything for a quick buck. They are dispicable.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 PM

875 posts, read 1,083,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gellio_sf View Post
NO! It is EVERYTHING to do with upbringing. I wouldn't have done that as a 7 year old, because I knew better by then. When I was a young child my parents taught me to respect animals and behave myself in a public setting.

I hope those kids get nothing. I'm not happy with the way the zoo is run/has been run, but my sympathy lies with the deceased teenager (reportedly not taughting), the tiger and all the animals at zoos, acquariums, etc. There are other ways to learn about animals other than locking them in cages.

My heart goes out to the dead boy, but I blame the tiger least of anyone.

Taugting these poor animals is a travesty and I hope the survivors and their lawyer get squak. Of course, anything for a quick buck. They are dispicable.
Well, we're all entitled to our opinions. I know my sons have pulled some stunts over the years that blew my mind......and I know they were taught better too. I can't be held responsible for what they've done, because "they" made the decision not to use what they were taught.

I still say it's a case of the young and dumb syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland