Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:59 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,101,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellio_sf View Post
NO! It is EVERYTHING to do with upbringing. I wouldn't have done that as a 7 year old, because I knew better by then. When I was a young child my parents taught me to respect animals and behave myself in a public setting.

I hope those kids get nothing. I'm not happy with the way the zoo is run/has been run, but my sympathy lies with the deceased teenager (reportedly not taughting), the tiger and all the animals at zoos, acquariums, etc. There are other ways to learn about animals other than locking them in cages.

My heart goes out to the dead boy, but I blame the tiger least of anyone.

Taugting these poor animals is a travesty and I hope the survivors and their lawyer get squak. Of course, anything for a quick buck. They are dispicable.
I agree with your post and everything you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

875 posts, read 1,092,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Here's something very curious. The brothers are of Indian descent. The day before in India, a man was arrested for jumping into a tigers enclosure at the Patna zoo. And it was his third time doing it! I wonder if this is some sort of crazy Indian test of bravery? And this man is close in age to the oldest Dhaliwal brother. Just a coincidence??

Man jumps into tiger enclosure
You can't be serious?

Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
In ambulance, survivors of S.F. tiger attack made pact of silence

Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Sounds like those are very nice boys.... hope they rot in hell.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:32 AM

The brothers should be cited for obstructing justice.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM
miu

This really bothers me, what are the brothers trying to hide? Can they behave any guiltier? And what a poor choice of attorney too, hiring a lawyer known for representing clients like Scott Peterson. I really hope that any money the brothers get, the Sousa family takes away from them.

The Associated Press: SF Wants Access to Tiger Victims' Phones (broken link)

Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post

You can't be serious?
About suggesting there is a connection? I believe that it's possible because my friends that are from India, even though they are Americanized, they remain close to their ethnic culture through their parents and family ties. This young man in India had done it two other times. I couldn't find the story, but last year, another man got mauled to death after jumping into a lion's cage at another foreign zoo.

Here's another story covering that man in India that jumped into a tiger's cage.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Man in big cats’ cage, again

Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
miu

Found it. The lion incident happened in 2006 in Kiev.

Lion Kills Man Who Went Into Kiev Zoo Cage

Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
About suggesting there is a connection? I believe that it's possible because my friends that are from India, even though they are Americanized, they remain close to their ethnic culture through their parents and family ties. This young man in India had done it two other times. I couldn't find the story, but last year, another man got mauled to death after jumping into a lion's cage at another foreign zoo.

Here's another story covering that man in India that jumped into a tiger's cage.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Man in big cats’ cage, again
Yes I know Indians stay connected to their roots still, I can't believe just because they may have read about that, that they would do the same thing. I mean, I just don't believe it's an "Indian" thing.

I believe their silence speaks louder than anything. What smart aleck jerks that their friend died, and they refuse to cooperate with the Police. They should both be thrown into jail for obstruction of justice.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
Yes I know Indians stay connected to their roots still, I can't believe just because they may have read about that, that they would do the same thing. I mean, I just don't believe it's an "Indian" thing.

I believe their silence speaks louder than anything. What smart aleck jerks that their friend died, and they refuse to cooperate with the Police. They should both be thrown into jail for obstruction of justice.
I wasn't implying that tiger taunting was some Indian thing like a rite of passage. It was more that both incidents had common elements, both are extremely rare occurances... but both happened within 24 hours of each other.

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe one of their Indian relatives of the same age emailing them that story. When the story about the Kiev lion attack happened, it was reposted on several young male dominated message boards. There was never any sympathy for the man that was killed though. Anyway, the brothers end up at the zoo with their friend(s) and at some point, they are saying wow wasn't that dude in India crazy for jumping into a tiger's cage three times. Then they are by the lions and tigers dwelling, and all of them are peaceful and looking boring. Then the guys start with growling at the lions. Then they move on to the tigers cage.

I don't think that Tatiana was ever that mad before. Enraged animals and people will exhibit extraordinary strength when provoked to the extreme. They will do the unexpected and do what they have never done before. And that's why, no tiger has ever breached that zoo wall before. It's like crash testing a car at 40 mph, but in real life, car accidents happen at 80+ mph. Another article said that there are many zoos all over the world that have the old standard height retaining walls. Obviously, higher is better, but for decades, the shorter walls seemed fine. Also, zoo animals are not in the same tip top shape as their wild brethren.

It will be interesting to see what the blood alcohol levels of the two brothers were at the time of attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland