Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Ok I would agree that "environmentalism" would be one of the more mainstream characteristics, which is why I didn't say "all" of that stuff isn't seen as normal or mainstream. That's just one thing though so I'm not sure what that really proves here.

Places like Berkeley deviate pretty far from the norm in many ways, even compared to the Bay Area as a whole. Now you're trying to get all hipster philosophical on me...what is the bubble maaannn? Am I the one in the bubble or are you? Or are we ALL in a bubble and don't realize it? What IS the bubble.....so deep....lol
We're all a mere thought on a dot on a fingernail of a someone on a planet in a universe on a fingernail of a someone on a planet in a universe in a painting called...Berkeley.

Unless you have skinny pants, then you're just a dork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 01:41 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
We're all a mere thought on a dot on a fingernail of a someone on a planet in a universe on a fingernail of a someone on a planet in a universe in a painting called...Berkeley.

Unless you have skinny pants, then you're just a dork.
I went to Macy's to get some jeans, since they usually have good prices and a good selection. All they had was skinny jeans! Seriously! I later figured out I could get "normal" jeans from them online. I guess they don't want to show un-trendy stuff in their store anymore?

Old 11-29-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I went to Macy's to get some jeans, since they usually have good prices and a good selection. All they had was skinny jeans! Seriously! I later figured out I could get "normal" jeans from them online. I guess they don't want to show un-trendy stuff in their store anymore?
I went to my trusty surplus store to get work shorts, and one of three pairs I brought home was... (drumroll) skinny shorts!

Damn hipsters! What, I'm supposed to actually try on stuff before I buy it now?

Old 11-29-2014, 02:41 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
I went to my trusty surplus store to get work shorts, and one of three pairs I brought home was... (drumroll) skinny shorts!
Pictures?
Visuals help the forum understand issues best.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Pictures?
Visuals help the forum understand issues best.
No can do. Gave 'em to a hipster (no, really!). Holiday spirit, ya know.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM

Bummer.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It drives me nuts! Skinny jeans, imo, look best on women with no hips, straight knees and absolutely zero fat on thighs. Oh, and non-existent calves.

Most grown women don't have bodies anything like this. Especially not in the US.

So how did this trend become mainstream?

Old 11-29-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It drives me nuts! Skinny jeans, imo, look best on women with no hips, straight knees and absolutely zero fat on thighs. Oh, and non-existent calves.

Most grown women don't have bodies anything like this. Especially not in the US.
Thank goodness.
You just described a wooden clothes rack.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
often i have seen parents defend bad child behavior and lecture a store or cafe owner on that the childs behavior is not disruptive while the rest of us steam. the think the root of our problem is when the government told us to take down the signs that say we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
now we must provide service to anyone no matter what their behavior.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
often i have seen parents defend bad child behavior and lecture a store or cafe owner on that the childs behavior is not disruptive while the rest of us steam. the think the root of our problem is when the government told us to take down the signs that say we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
now we must provide service to anyone no matter what their behavior.
Utter and complete hyperbolic nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland