Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,413,107 times

Advertisements

I drove by there on the freeway the other day. It's a horiffc site. They are still carving into the hills and putting up these hideous new condos in what was once the most scene part of Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 11:35 AM

213 posts, read 251,112 times
Like I said before, who gives a ****?

Dublin is actually actively addressing the severe housing shortage in the Bay Area by allowing numerous high density condos to be built near the BART station north of Hwy 580. There's a huge chunk of land wasted by the army base, but at least there is housing being built. It's also relatively affordable.

It's the NIMBYs in the peninsula towns that need to get their act together and start building more condos.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:10 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,951,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I drove by there on the freeway the other day. It's a horiffc site. They are still carving into the hills and putting up these hideous new condos in what was once the most scene part of Bay Area.
Scenic? I don't think so at all...just flat open space of dry yellow weeds/brush. A few smallish, treeless, golden hills.

Those houses/condos are pretty ugly though since they seem to rise up off the flatland and look very stark--- but I wouldn't say they're covering up anything really scenic or spectacular at all.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Scenic? I don't think so at all...just flat open space of dry yellow weeds/brush. A few smallish, treeless, golden hills.
Totally Wrong.

Livermore Valley-Corral Hollow Pass-Altamont Pass | Ride Chronicles

Livermore Valley-Corral Hollow Pass-Altamont Pass | Ride Chronicles

Old 05-19-2015, 03:54 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,951,429 times
The area where all the ugly houses are is where I'm talking about---across from the Ulfert center, near Lowes. That's in Dublin. I used to live in Pleasanton and am very familiar with the entire region. I'm not discussing the "pastoral" areas near Los Vaqueros, Morgan Territory or even Del Valle where there aren't any housing estates popping up.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The area where all the ugly houses are is where I'm talking about---across from the Ulfert center, near Lowes. That's in Dublin. I used to live in Pleasanton and am very familiar with the entire region. I'm not discussing the "pastoral" areas near Los Vaqueros, Morgan Territory or even Del Valle where there aren't any housing estates popping up.
That's true but there also building up into the hills near doolan canyon. There's a lit of vacant lot and potential for until but they still chose to build up into the hillsides. Dublin talked about building a new downtown but area designated for that is slated for housing so Dublin will never have a real downtown. I think it was Rick Caruso who was going to build that.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 PM

https://homes.yahoo.com/news/top-15-...211809261.html

11. Dublin, California
Population: 54,695
Growth over the past year: 4.9 percent

Just north of Pleasanton, lies Dublin, another Bay Area city experiencing skyrocketing growth thanks to the tech boom.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:41 PM

Dublin, CA (California) News, Neighborhood Advocacy, & Online Community | Around Dublin Blog

Old 07-24-2015, 11:33 AM

4,307 posts, read 6,228,700 times
Quote:
I don't completely agree with you. Yeah, Dublin is probably overbuilding and taking up flatland. I would say though in 10-15 years when the trees build out in those neighborhoods, it'll look a lot prettier. I also think that while overbuilt, the east Dublin development is a lot nicer than the older parts.

If you drive around other cities in the tri-valley (San Ramon, Danville, Pleasanton), you'll find the older parts of those cities well kept. In Dublin, they seem to be a bit run down. So, its not just the lack of a downtown, but the eyesore of the older parts of the city. I actually think that East Dublin is definitely improving the test scores, average income and overall asthetics of the community. I'm not a fan of how they're just bulldozing hills and not blending into the existing topography, as in other tri-valley cities, but you have to look at what the community was composed of beforehand.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:37 AM

It seems a lot of the new housing developments don't even seem to have trees. Same is true with the new parts of San Ramon. At least if they planted trees it would be an improvement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland