Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times

Advertisements

The reason for concealed carry just became obvious. I hope some patriot blows one of the "protester" scum away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
LOL... what idiots. What else do these riff raff moochers want? Free cable TV for life and a pot of gold? Typical east bay professional moonbat protesters.

These people can kiss my ass. Hope they all get thrown in prison or better yet, forced to get jobs and work them each and every day. That would probably be like torture for them.
This *is* their job. They are Obama's and Holders goon squads.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs99 View Post
My question is, how are all of these protesters getting the day off to protest ? I THINK I know the answer (they don't work). All I know is, IF one of these protesters got in my way on the way home after work, there would be one LESS protester after I finished with them, doing their so called work.
If enough of us did this, they would stop. There would certainly be less of them. Of course, the political powers that be LIKE and GROW these vermin.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
This tiresome sequence seems to happen somewhere in Berkeley or Oakland every year:

1)Protestors assemble.
2)Violence (breaking windows, stealing merchandise, bashing vehicles, throwing bricks at people) EVENTUALLY starts (admittedly, many of the peaceful protestors have already left by then).
3)Police arrest some perpetrators.
4)The next protests demand that all arrested perpetrators be exonerated.

What should happen, but seems not to, is this:

5)Violent protestors continue to be arrested.
6)Jails fill with violent protestors--others jailed for minor drug offenses are released to make room.
7)Bail is denied the violent protestors on grounds of high likelihood of flight or re-offending.
8)One-by-one court dates are arranged for 6-9 months later. (One-by-one because crowds won't want to attend hundreds of trials for rock-throwing interspersed between the usual ennui of criminal courts)
9)Eventually violent protestors learn that "steal things=6 months of clipped wings" and so forth.
10)Violent protestors stop protesting violently, because they'd rather be out of jail than in jail.

In contrast, dropping the charges may only encourage future violence. (And, yes, impeding the flow of people is violence, because, among other problems, a)the action was unannounced, meaning b)people with urgent needs (e.g., someone with Crohn's disease who needs predictable transportation for various physiological reasons) had no chance to plan accordingly. Consequently, many were ambushed. That's violence.)

Make protesting safe for the 99%. Arrest, book, hold, try, convict, and imprison the violent 1%!

However, if there is no low-income subsidy for BART, or if it is deficient, that's a change I'd make--not because someone protested, but because that's the right thing to do. If they'd said that without a protest, I would have done it anyway--no large scale theater is needed to persuade good managers of BART on that point. If one contends BART has bad management, unfortunately, part of being bad management is not considering the will of the people, and no amount of protest that inconveniences others will change their minds. The solution to that is getting good candidates for BART, registering to vote, getting out the vote, and changing the board. But, I guess that would take more planning and strategizing than grabbing a bike lock and shutting down BART to stick it to "The MAN," even if the stick knocks the legs out from under nearly 45,000 hourly workers trying to put food on their table.
Bart isn't targeting window breakers. They are targeting non-violent protesters that gave them bad pr.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

758 posts, read 550,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Bart isn't targeting window breakers. They are targeting non-violent protesters that gave them bad pr.
Do you not understand:

"In contrast, dropping the charges may only encourage future violence. (And, yes, impeding the flow of people is violence, because, among other problems, a)the action was unannounced, meaning b)people with urgent needs (e.g., someone with Crohn's disease who needs predictable transportation for various physiological reasons) had no chance to plan accordingly. Consequently, many were ambushed. That's violence.)

Make protesting safe for the 99%. Arrest, book, hold, try, convict, and imprison the violent 1%!"

Or do you just disagree? If the former, please read the above closely and think about it. If the latter, please explain why stopping traffic/travel with absolutely no warning and no idea of how serious or trivial the business the travelers are conducting is is not violence?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2015, 11:27 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
This *is* their job. They are Obama's and Holders goon squads.
Wrong. The ultra-leftists who are organizing these "protests" (ANSWER, revcom.us, etc.) hate Obama *almost* as much as you do.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Wrong. The ultra-leftists who are organizing these "protests" (ANSWER, revcom.us, etc.) hate Obama *almost* as much as you do.
So what? Trotskyites fought with Stalinists somewhat. Still Communists. Their Commiecrat successors live on today.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
So what? Trotskyites fought with Stalinists somewhat. Still Communists. Their Commiecrat successors live on today.
So the fact that these leftists hate Obama does nothing to change your opinion that they are working on his behalf as "goon squads"?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So the fact that these leftists hate Obama does nothing to change your opinion that they are working on his behalf as "goon squads"?
"Useful idiots", as Lenin put it.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:43 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,445,686 times
Coming from the Midwest, I have to say.... this is a uniquely Bay Area phenomenon. Sure, people protest in other cities when there is actually something to protest, and it can turn ugly at times. But here, it's like there is this horde of career-protest locusts across the water who just mill around over there and look for the next thing to protest. They're like the seven year plague, except more like seven months. They act righteous and claim a bunch of tolerant liberal principles behind their actions, but really it amounts to "give me stuff I want or else I will destroy and disrupt everything I can get my hands on." Sometimes it's hard to tell what the hell it is they even want...presumably they just get a kick out of looting stores, blocking trains, and setting dumpsters on fire.

It is fascinating to me that this goes on for generations as if it were completely normal. "Oh, that's nothing - just a bunch of unemployed hippies robbing the dollar store. They'll set up a bonfire on the freeway later tonight."

Why does civilization tolerate these beasts? Can we perhaps ship them off to a deserted island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland