Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
And typing with tongue in cheek, though a surprising number of people didn't notice that part.
Now that you said I do notice it now lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 10:42 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Now that you said I do notice it now lol
I wasn't sure from the first post--seem some crazy assed sh--t here. But a couple comments in.....

Old 01-31-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I used to work in a city that was home to a large homeless population. The local library there was packed all day long with homeless people. They were always on the computers.

They would hang out at the local Starbucks too, and I've seen a few with laptops! Not kidding.
My question is what were they doing on the computers at the library? Surfing the web? Looking for jobs?

It does make me wonder if a homeless person is sitting at Starbucks with a laptop using wifi

Although I saw a homeless guy with a mouth full of gold walking with a desktop in a cart everyday. He would sleep in one of the parks at night

Old 01-31-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I wasn't sure from the first post--seem some crazy assed sh--t here. But a couple comments in.....
I think the reason I didn't notice it was because I was still shocked at the first post lol

Old 01-31-2015, 10:48 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded_38_Special View Post
if you have not heard by now then let me tell you the street folks are angry and tired of how we are being treated. we are trying to survive here Moderator cut: off-topic/racist. we have running on fumes. after much discussion with fellow street people we are leaving for KEY WEST. some will stay and some will leave and our group is leaving. compassionate pro OBAMA folks may stand up and make a vote, your voice be heard for compassion. if this post strikes a cord or jerks your chain then please come down to gg park and give something of you time. thanks all of ya, god bless and pray for america.

If you have no money for a home how are you going to get to Florida?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hitchhike? Car? Magic carpet lol

Old 01-31-2015, 11:36 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There's an obvious strategy here: exasperate the forum regulars until they start offering to chip in on the fare ......

Except, in this case, there's not even any real plan to leave. In fact, this could be originating from a basement in Detroit, or already in Flory-dah, or ......

Old 01-31-2015, 01:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded_38_Special View Post
i am speechless and we are high ready leave dodge for grenner pasters. beggers cant be chosers and we chose to chose tropical new sf where people give nice tips, have compasion, good riddunce sf calif. OBAMA forever!
Oh the irony

Old 01-31-2015, 09:06 PM

56 posts, read 61,525 times
hitch hike and of course tips. being of the street is not that bad we get free everything, no bills, we sleep where we want, when we want. no taxes, no bills, no mortgage yea baby

Old 01-31-2015, 10:16 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
My question is what were they doing on the computers at the library? Surfing the web? Looking for jobs?

It does make me wonder if a homeless person is sitting at Starbucks with a laptop using wifi

Although I saw a homeless guy with a mouth full of gold walking with a desktop in a cart everyday. He would sleep in one of the parks at night
Well I am kind of a nerd and love the library, so I was trying to hang out there during my lunch break but was unsuccessful. It was always hard to find a seat because tons of homeless would park themselves with all of their stuff and stay there forever.

For the most part I saw that they were browsing or playing video games on the computers.

The people I saw at Starbucks would buy the regular coffee and again would park themselves in a section with tons of bags. They had a laptop. I've seen it more than once.

I used to work at a travel store in a downtown area as well and the homeless would buy expensive back packs with cash! 150$-200$.

Many are on food stamps so they use their cash on other items. At least in CA, the homeless population on benefits are really babied so that they keep their benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland