Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
I have a dog like Tulemutt's. He is my first line of defence and is usually all it takes. He means business. However, a firearm is a good back up for old Frank. Here's some rules for a gunfight:

Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors.

]A: Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

B: Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D; Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E: Never say "Ive got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

I: If you're in a gun fight:
1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2. If you're not loading, you should be movin
3. If you're not movin', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

I agree! I will add
H. Use the layout of your place as an advantage against the criminal.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
OK For all you guys who are afraid of guns, here's what you can do to stay safe without owning a firearm. It's called the redneck security system:

How to install a redneck home security system:

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads: 'Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.
5. INSTALLATION COMPLETE! Now you're safe.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:17 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
OK For all you guys who are afraid of guns, here's what you can do to stay safe without owning a firearm. It's called the redneck security system:

How to install a redneck home security system:

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads: 'Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.
5. INSTALLATION COMPLETE! Now you're safe.
lol I heard this before, but in San Francisco all those items would be gone in a few hours. A homeless person would find the boots and bowls useful, the beer cans they could take to the recycle center and the magazines... maybe used for bartering...

Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Owning a dog is great and will bark if they hear something. No one should think that the mere fact a dog is barking is going to scare away away all criminals. (example: I know a lady that has two big dogs that will bite anyone and it certainly didn't stop a guy from breaking in to rape her and bashing her head on the floor until she blacked out.).
Firesmurf, I'd like a link to any media reporting on that rape event. If it happened at all, I'd bet those "two big dogs that will bite anyone" were out buying beer when the break-in and rape occured.

You all know, this thread gets sillier by every post. Anybody who thinks they can beat a bullet with martial arts deserves to find out. So much bull puckey being shoveled here we're gonna need a D-9 Cat, a front loader, and a line of dump trucks from California to Boston to get clear.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post

Local police take way too long to show when you call them even for crimes in progress. Burglar alarm sounding and it takes SFPD 10 mins to show up is meh.
Up in those neighborhoods in the Berkeley hills, the police don't even know their way around. They get lost, and never find the address, sometimes. I've reported suspicious activity, and the fools have gone down someone's driveway thinking it was the address, when the action was happening down the street.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Firesmurf, I'd like a link to any media reporting on that rape event. If it happened at all, I'd bet those "two big dogs that will bite anyone" were out buying beer when the break-in and rape occured.

You all know, this thread gets sillier by every post. Anybody who thinks they can beat a bullet with martial arts deserves to find out. So much bull puckey being shoveled here we're gonna need a D-9 Cat, a front loader, and a line of dump trucks from California to Boston to get clear.
I will look for the story on it as it happened just last year. The woman it happened to is a good friend of mines and to this day is in and out the hospital so yes it did happened. So I don't know what you are trying to insinuate with your "If it happened at all" comment. Who would make up a brutal rape. Those are the 2 dogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Crime is getting out of control...-396660_334552419889454_795460681_n.jpg  

Last edited by Devon011; 02-09-2015 at 11:56 PM..

Old 02-09-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Up in those neighborhoods in the Berkeley hills, the police don't even know their way around. They get lost, and never find the address, sometimes. I've reported suspicious activity, and the fools have gone down someone's driveway thinking it was the address, when the action was happening down the street.
You know yesterday I called the police to make a report because I chased off one of those thieves that steal people bike wheels and seat. I caught him in the act trying to steal one of my tires. Any who when the police showed up 40 mins later, they went to the wrong place even though I gave the address lol. I mean he even came out and scratched his head looking around until I waved at him from across the street.

Last edited by Devon011; 02-09-2015 at 11:42 PM..

Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
My next door neighbors came home to find they had been burglarized... bathroom window smashed and house ransacked...

Called police terrified and the police never showed up... ever. After several calls they were told to file a police report online.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
My next door neighbors came home to find they had been burglarized... bathroom window smashed and house ransacked...

Called police terrified and the police never showed up... ever. After several calls they were told to file a police report online.
That is what scares me.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:10 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
Brings to mind the other old saying: "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland