Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times

Advertisements

Yeah, but they also have Stop & Frisk and kill off the homeless. I doubt SF would go for either of those...

Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Yeah, but they also have Stop & Frisk and kill off the homeless. I doubt SF would go for either of those...
They kill the homeless? lol

Old 02-05-2015, 11:13 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
SF has a ridiculously high crime rate given its demographics/income statistics. New York City pulls off a much lower crime rate despite a much more impoverished population, mostly due to its effective, aggressive policing, IMO.
What does "aggressive policing" mean, NYMTman? I'm afraid to ask. Racial profiling? Warrantless searches? A "shoot first, ask questions later" policy? Please, tell us NYC's secret.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:19 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They kill the homeless? lol
Thousand of NYC's homeless disappeared during the Rudy Giuliani era and have yet to return, and nobody seems to be able to explain where they went. While there's no hard proof linking Giuliani to their disappearance, conspiracy theorists have suggested they were 'taken care of'.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Thousand of NYC's homeless disappeared during the Rudy Giuliani era and have yet to return, and nobody seems to be able to explain where they went. While there's no hard proof linking Giuliani to their disappearance, conspiracy theorists have suggested they were 'taken care of'.
Or they were bought one way tickets to other cities...

Old 02-05-2015, 12:34 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,237,301 times
Quote:
They were sent to SF.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,738 times
I do think SF has a very high quality of life crimes problem. In my group of friends, here are some things that have happened over the past 2-3 years

- 2 instances of stolen motorcycle
- 4 instances of broken car windows
- 1 instance of a homeless guy attempting to shove his exposed *thing* in the face of a girl sitting at a cafe
- 3 instances of pickpocketing
- 1 instance of stolen bike tires
- 1 instance of someone coming through an open apartment window

I have literally never heard of any of my friends in NYC bring this type of crap up. And guess how many **** were given by SFPD regarding any of these

a) a lot
b) zero

Old 02-05-2015, 03:19 PM

378 posts, read 441,552 times
Default Then Move the F out here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
I do think SF has a very high quality of life crimes problem. In my group of friends, here are some things that have happened over the past 2-3 years

- 1 instance of a homeless guy attempting to shove his exposed *thing* in the face of a girl sitting at a cafe

I have literally never heard of any of my friends in NYC bring this type of crap up. And guess how many **** were given by SFPD regarding any of these

a) a lot
b) zero
One should not live in the city which he is not happy with

Old 02-05-2015, 03:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post

a) a lot
b) zero
Pickpocketing, in SF?? Where did this happen?

The bolded is easy to deal with these days. Anyone with an iPhone or cell phone that takes photos can photograph the incident (including the crucial detail), and the perp, and call police. And can shout at the cafe staff to block exit for the perp until police come.

Victims need to get more assertive with some of this stuff. Of course, the shock tends to stun people, but one should be mentally prepared.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Pickpocketing, in SF?? Where did this happen?

The bolded is easy to deal with these days. Anyone with an iPhone or cell phone that takes photos can photograph the incident (including the crucial detail), and the perp, and call police. And can shout at the cafe staff to block exit for the perp until police come.

Victims need to get more assertive with some of this stuff. Of course, the shock tends to stun people, but one should be mentally prepared.
It's not that simple...

I was in Union Square on the sidewalk outside Macy's. Three women were running toward me, the woman in the back was in high heels and had a coffee in her hand. The two girls running in front of her were laughing/smiling. As they pass me, the woman in heels yells stop!

Everyone including myself was confused, were they playing around, or what. Next thing, one of the girls stops and grabs the woman in heels and throws her down on the ground. We rush over to help her up and she is clearly out of breathe, but says they stole my phone.

Keep in mind this whole thing took place within 10-15 seconds, so it's not that easy to get people to process that a crime just happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland