Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,780,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Do you deny that Houston, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta and even medium-sized cities, where gun ownership laws are more permissive and carrying firearms is allowed, are among the worst in the country for violent crime and gun violence, or are you simply going to ignore facts that don't support your hyper-Right Wing rant?
Compared to New York, Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit? You bet I do. Talk about ignoring facts. But you leftist dupes just want to make us all victims and appease the savages.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:21 AM

24,326 posts, read 26,719,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Compared to New York, Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit? You bet I do. Talk about ignoring facts. But you leftist dupes just want to make us all victims and appease the savages.....
Hey now! Robbing and killing is illegal, yet criminals still do them. However, I bet if we banned guns they would say, "oh sorry, I don't want to break any laws."

Old 02-19-2015, 12:05 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,109,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
I don't understand your point (and doubt you do either). Is it your position that permissive gun laws and armed citizens make cities safer?

Old 02-19-2015, 12:14 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,780,894 times
Quote:
I don't understand your point (and doubt you do either). Is it your position that permissive gun laws and armed citizens make cities safer?
YES. They DO. Disarmed citizens, combined with underclasses who are politically organized to make crime into a civil rights issue by disgusting creeps (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.) make for dangerous cities. Thank you, leftists.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:38 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,229,950 times
St. Louis should move to Illinois: It doesn’t belong in Missouri anymore.

Interesting article I read the other day. It's really not surprising that gun violence is out of control in St. Louis given how lax its gun laws are in MO. It's scary that people actually think that having MORE unfettered access to guns will mean a decrease in violence. Mind boggling, actually. But the most staunch supporters of the second amendment I know aren't really concerned about facts or common sense. They're only concerned with themselves and think the world revolves around them, and their paranoia about everyone coming to get them with guns reveals a lot about the way they view the world and humanity.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,771,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
St. Louis should move to Illinois: It doesn’t belong in Missouri anymore.

Interesting article I read the other day. It's really not surprising that gun violence is out of control in St. Louis given how lax its gun laws are in MO. It's scary that people actually think that having MORE unfettered access to guns will mean a decrease in violence. Mind boggling, actually. But the most staunch supporters of the second amendment I know aren't really concerned about facts or common sense. They're only concerned with themselves and think the world revolves around them, and their paranoia about everyone coming to get them with guns reveals a lot about the way they view the world and humanity.
Guns laws across the country have become less restrictive over the last two decades and crime rate has fallen over that same period of time. The most notable change is the dramatic increase in concealed weapons permits issues accross the country compared to years past.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:46 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,229,950 times
There's no smoking gun theory as to why violent crime rates have steadily declined over the last few decades. Some believe it's unleaded gasoline, others believe it's less restriction to abortion, others point to higher incarceration rates, etc. There's no smoking gun proving that laxer gun laws is leading the downward trend of crime either.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Guns laws across the country have become less restrictive over the last two decades and crime rate has fallen over that same period of time. The most notable change is the dramatic increase in concealed weapons permits issues accross the country compared to years past.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:32 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,109,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So, now you're back in this camp? Didn't you just state that you didn't believe there was a correlation?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
So, now you're back in this camp? Didn't you just state that you didn't believe there was a correlation?
I think it's good when people show different angles. You seem to get very upset when anything positive is mentioned. I still think there isn't a general correlation one way or the other. However, when it comes to me personally, it will make a huge different whether I'm armed or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland