Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 12:05 AM

11 posts, read 19,179 times

Advertisements

Hello ALL
Would like some thoughts on the next one. Work in Newark, CA. Currently looking for a place to Live for my kids. Pleasanton, CA vs Brentwood, CA? Any thoughts, I know brentwood is quite far than Pleasanton.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 10:42 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Why are you only limiting yourself to Brentwood and Pleasanton. I believe you posted this inquiry previously and received quite a few responses. I responded to that thread too.

I wouldn't consider Brentwood. The commute will kill you. While Pleasanton is very nice, it's also going to be a rough commute but not nearly as bad as Brentwood. Why not consider Fremont/Newark and avoid the long commute? Fremont has plenty of nice areas. Newark has some rundown areas but also has a couple of really great areas, Rosemont and the Lake Area (neighborhoods directly adjacent to hwy 84/I-880).

Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 PM

11 posts, read 19,179 times
Hello mstnghu2!
Yes, you are correct! I posted it before but did not get emails as I generally do when a posts is done hence I re posted it. But appreciate your comments

Gabe

Old 03-17-2015, 04:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,630 times
I currently live in brentwood, I love it therefore however just so you know i hate the fact that water bill is so high in brentwood, I live alone in a three bedroom house my water bill is 150+$ per month again i live alone my lawn is not that big therefore i am not watering a large yard. so good luck. ALLergy is another concern. I never suffer from allergy before i moved to brentwood, 6 month after i moved there i develop bad allergy which now lead to asthma. so if you or your kids suffer from allergy or asthma run far away from brentwood are. two of my neighboors sold their home because they couldn;t find any solution to their allergy. lucky for me mine is now being treated quielty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland