Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:03 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindzmonster View Post
I have been searching craigslist and haven't found anything for $2000 in Pleasanton. Even the 2 bed apartments are more than that. Have any other ideas where I can see what's available to rent?
Lindz, you didn't say what you wanted, but with your family of 3 look here

Pleasanton Townhouse (Duet) (broken link) 3/2.5 townhouse $1700

2 baths in Pleasanton single story (broken link) 3/2 sfh $1700

Pleasanton Home Available Now! (broken link) 3/2 sfh $2100

6296 Hansen Dr (broken link) 3/2 $2050

Pleasanton Home for Rent (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/536136887.html - broken link) 3/2.5 $2200

good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 AM

Lindz i just read about your predicament in Rocklin. It sucks. Let me know if I can help you in finding a place in pleasanton. If you want I can drive by the house and look at it and check the neighborhood, although I can't really think of a bad area of pleasanton

Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 AM

463 posts, read 647,046 times
if you cant afford pleasanton, go to livermore

Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 PM

23 posts, read 90,800 times
So am still looking for a place. I have found some in the price range but they want to pets (we have 2 kitties). So i guess I will keep looking. If we ended up commuting where would you guys suggest. I have seen some nice, new, cheaper housing in Mountain House right outside of Tracy. Is this an ok area? Any other ideas would be great. Thanks!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 AM

go to livermore before you go to mountain house. The commute will be horrible as will the heat. Personally I'd get rid of the cats to put my family in a better area like pleasanton

Old 01-18-2008, 12:58 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Thumbs down I don't believe you just said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
go to livermore before you go to mountain house. The commute will be horrible as will the heat. Personally I'd get rid of the cats to put my family in a better area like pleasanton
Oh. My. God.

PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE.

And people that do that SUCK.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh. My. God.

PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE.

And people that do that SUCK.
You're being too sensitive and just looking for a fight aren't you? I did not say kill the cats so stop jumping to conclusions. You probably think cats are more important than humans. I would put my human family first before the cats. This person wants a good place to live for her family and can't find one because of the cats. I merely offered an alternative. She could give the cats to a loving family if she wanted. It's her choice, but right now it's making her pick less desirable places to live.
I'd hate to be your kid knowing I rank lower than a cat.I'm trying to help this person, She can choose to listen to my suggestions or not, at least it gives her options.
So how are you helping her?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:28 AM

23 posts, read 90,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I was thinking that the commute would be long, it says it is 25 miles one way. We currently have that commute already and are trying to decrease the wear and tear on our vehicles. So maybe I will check Livermore, I just think everything looks kind of old and not kept up(no offense to anyone who lives there, this is just from some of the houses I have seen online), but I think I am used to everything being newly built around where we live now. I already know I have to give up the option of having something newer. Thank you for your imput

Old 01-18-2008, 10:36 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Have you thought about San Ramon? It's very close to Pleasanton, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of rentals to choose from (a lot of foreclosures and people unable to sell). Loads of new homes in new housing estates and I think the schools have a very good reputation also. If you are having trouble finding places on craigslist, contact real estate agencies in the area since many of them handle rentals as well. I'd say the commute would be around 10-15 minutes to San Ramon.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM

san ramon is still an option for her, but the pets are going to be a problem. Many landlords don't allow pets, so it will be slim pickings again just like pleasanton.
Livermore is older in many parts, but there are newer homes. Older is not necessarily bad, run down is. I had 2 homes in pleasanton and my newer and larger one was less popular than the older one built in the 60's for renters.
Lindz, I didn't know that your housing requirements had to allow pets and be a newer development. obviously in the older and not kept up neighborhoods you will have lower rent and a better chance of having pets. That 25 mile commute to mountain house is bumper to bumper oftentimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland