Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 AM

207 posts, read 257,265 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I wanted to know a few apartment communities which are good to rent in Hayward, UC, Fremont areas.
Specs - rent(1bed): 1k-1.5k
low crime
Has anyone stayed in such communities. On for rent, I see - coral gardens in Hayward. Any idea how it is to rent there ?

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 AM

186 posts, read 475,033 times
Fremont might be too expensive. A decent apartment is going for a little higher than 1,600 for a one bedroom. But if you are still interested in checking out fremont a good area is central downtown.

Not really sure about Hayward, but maybe you can also look into Newark.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella925 View Post
Fremont might be too expensive. A decent apartment is going for a little higher than 1,600 for a one bedroom. But if you are still interested in checking out fremont a good area is central downtown.

Not really sure about Hayward, but maybe you can also look into Newark.
Fremont has a downtown? You're looking more at renting a studio in Fremont/Union City for your price point, with the rare exception, OP. Maybe a 1-br. for $1500, if something opens up, but there doesn't seem to be much available right now.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-08-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM

i am not interested in Studio. I can get around 1300 in SJ itself ~10 miles from North SJ. I am looking for 1 bed. I may think of studio if they have washers and driers inside for 1400. apartment guide, forrent websites do have few apartments enlisted. I visited Austin commons and coral gardens yesterday. But I am looking for reviews from someone who is staying there actually. Yelp cannot be trusted, since most of reviews are beaten up badly and scary. My current apartment Enclave at north san jose is not very bad. But yelp has like 1.5 stars for it.
I agree with the uncertainty in crime part. In a way, people are paying ~2.5k in elan at river oaks, north park,montague crossings and they have breakins, car vandalism. Only thing i am concerned about is robbery,homicides,hate crimes/racism. I am ready to go to any community so long these things dont happen.
any idea how these apartments are-

Amador Apartments-Hayward, California 94544
Fletcher Towers -Hayward, California 94544

Old 03-08-2015, 05:48 PM

378 posts, read 441,332 times
Default Beggars can't be choosers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlovet View Post
i am not interested in Studio. I can get around 1300 in SJ itself ~10 miles from North SJ. I am looking for 1 bed. I may think of studio if they have washers and driers inside for 1400. apartment guide, forrent websites do have few apartments enlisted. I visited Austin commons and coral gardens yesterday. But I am looking for reviews from someone who is staying there actually. Yelp cannot be trusted, since most of reviews are beaten up badly and scary. My current apartment Enclave at north san jose is not very bad. But yelp has like 1.5 stars for it.
I agree with the uncertainty in crime part. In a way, people are paying ~2.5k in elan at river oaks, north park,montague crossings and they have breakins, car vandalism. Only thing i am concerned about is robbery,homicides,hate crimes/racism. I am ready to go to any community so long these things dont happen.
any idea how these apartments are-

Amador Apartments-Hayward, California 94544
Fletcher Towers -Hayward, California 94544
With your limited budget and requirements, look for a room in a nice East Bay cities.

I take you are not from Bay Area. Don't won't worry about racism, Bay Area have people of 'your kind' what ever you are.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:12 PM

hi justmeinca,
I stay in SJ. Rent is too high to afford. I want to save some money at the end of day. (so thinking of going to hayward) Have plans to relocate from bay area and move to low cost of living area. The money that i intend to save would be using it for downpayment towards house in other area that I am planning to move.

-jon

Old 03-08-2015, 09:41 PM

833 posts, read 1,198,538 times
You are in for a rude awakening with a $1500 budget. Heck, even Hayward is getting real high. A studio is about all you'll be able to afford unfortunately, and it won't be in the best of areas. It's sad but true.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 PM

I agree mrazyattic.
Any comment about these addresses with respect to crime. Any robbery, murders, rapes, kidnapping..
I am not worried about car scratches, minor theft. they happen in best of areas of San Jose where people pay like 2.5k rent.

605 Sorenson Rd, Hayward, CA 94544
50 Austin Ave, Hayward, CA 94544
24660 Amador St, Hayward, CA 94544
781 Fletcher Ln, Hayward, CA 94544

Is anyone staying around those areas ?
Seems like 94544 has lower rentals than other areas

-Jon

Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
Am I missing something? These posts were written 6 months ago and people are talking about $1500, $1600 rent for a 1 bedroom apt? So, in the last 7 months, rent has gone up almost $1000? I went to see 10 apartments before picking mine and I pay $2400 in Fremont. It was one of the cheaper ones because it has a washer and dryer in unit and far from the bart. I didn't see anything for less than $2100 (for an ugly, outdated, sketchy apt). Really???? Rent increased almost $1000 in the span of 7 months?????

Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Am I missing something? These posts were written 6 months ago and people are talking about $1500, $1600 rent for a 1 bedroom apt? So, in the last 7 months, rent has gone up almost $1000? I went to see 10 apartments before picking mine and I pay $2400 in Fremont. It was one of the cheaper ones because it has a washer and dryer in unit and far from the bart. I didn't see anything for less than $2100 (for an ugly, outdated, sketchy apt). Really???? Rent increased almost $1000 in the span of 7 months?????
No, if anything, rent increases have slowed down slightly in the last 7 months (still increasing, but not as frenetically). I believe we're getting close to a plateau in many cities - for instance, rents have gotten high enough in my apt building in San Mateo that vacated apartments are sitting empty for periods of weeks before a new tenant moves in (and I live in a very relatively affordable place for the area - places down the street for me are renting for close to $500-1000 more a month for similar apts). 2 years ago, empty apartments were gone in periods of days.

I think the OP was finding some "cheaper" places because he was looking (mostly) in Hayward, not Fremont. Also, I believe the OP was possibly looking at less-than-desirable places/areas (for instance, he had said he had lived in a "1.5 star yelp" place previously - even if he said it wasn't that bad, it might be reflective of the area being less desirable than other apt complexes).

Things have been nuts in the Bay Area for about 3 years now. Before that, they were increasing at a really fast pace. You have to go back to 2010/2011 to find any "normalcy" in the real estate/rental market here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland