Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:24 PM

308 posts, read 467,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
I am a big Raiders fan and a season ticket holder. If keeping the Raiders necessitates the use of any public money, then they can go. I am sick of tax payors getting hosed on stupid stadium deals, especially for football that only hosts 8 guaranteed games.
Agreed! I would like for them to stay but not if it means we are subsidizing the owners pockets. At least with baseball, you can rationalize it somewhat with the amount of games they play. Football only stadiums - it's a waste of resources given the use. As for concerts, there are many other places in the Bay Area to hold shows. It's not like we are lacking for venues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 02:26 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If the stadium is moved, I hope they take the Raiders fans with them :P
We're not going anywhere. If you wish to retain your local ballet season ticket subscription, do your diligence to properly fund such. The Raiders and A's have had proposals for a number of different scenarios for their stadia right where they're at, no public funding needed. Went nowhere due to public official buffoonery in Oakland. Different crowd in those seats now (and new NFL commissioner saying a stadium in Oakland is among the "top priorities" he is considering, among other league issues, right off the bat) coming back to the table, so both teams are very much in the running to get their new houses in or near where they are playing now. New BART line between Coliseum and Oakland Airport makes a great transport hub even more attractive for investors. Maybe the Giants FO will try to claim that as their territory, too? ("Can't ride on designated orange and black cars.")

L.A. is going to get the Rams and Chargers, anyway.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:14 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
Well, they've now applied for relocation. But they continue to be the dark horse of the 3 teams that would move to LA, would you agree? Mark Davis doesn't seem like he wants to leave Oakland as vehemently as Spanos and Kroenke want to leave their respective cities.

As I mentioned when I started this thread, it doesn't seem like Oakland fans are too worried about them leaving. I don't mean that they don't care about their team, I mean that they are pretty confident that the Raiders won't leave (a quiet confidence I suppose), so they're not stressing.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:30 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
All I can remember about when the Raiders were here is that all the gangbangers wore Raiders jackets and their fans were very violent. You can keep 'em.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Good to have my Raiders play in lovely LA, and out of that whack baseball stadium.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 PM

32 posts, read 32,236 times
I don't think the NFL wants the Raiders to move; that is part of the reason they said they would help in financing the construction of a new stadium in Oakland. The Bay Area economy is very strong; the NFL knows where the fan base with money is. I think the Chargers and Rams will be in LA.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I don't want Oakland taxpayers or city govt to foot the bill for the Raiders to stay.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:19 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't want Oakland taxpayers or city govt to foot the bill for the Raiders to stay.
Especially considering they still are paying for them when they came back 20 years ago.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
The Raiders get passed around more than a cheap vegas hooker. No one really notices anymore.
Amen. I remember when it was a breathtaking horror that the Oakland Raiders might move to LA. Once they did, they lost respect and any loyalty from the population.

Maybe they thought they could draw on that whenever it was convenient, but the SF Bay Area people have long memories. Fool me once, and all that.

Once they ever moved away, they became forever unreliable. And Oaklanders are not the wimpy type to let anyone get away with that - and expect continued loyalty.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:58 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,998 times
I can't sleep at night worrying about losing the raiders. It effects my home life and work performance. My life would not be complete if they left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland