Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:28 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Exactly!

I must say the SF Forum is mostly far left nut jobs, which is different that actual life in SF. Most of the people I meet in SF are pretty down to Earth. However, I don't hang out in Haight, so maybe that's why. Most of the people posting here don't even live in SF as well.
You haven't SEEN "far left nut jobs". You have no idea. Seriously. It's scary out there among the far left. I haven't seen anything on this forum that smacks of the "far left". Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I agree beemer--- with the exception of us all wanting the same for Americans. Unfortunately, I don't really get that or see that with the Republican Party of Extreme Christianity at all.

Fiscal conservatism, fine--I totally understand and I do have friends that are fiscal conservatives. Not a problem. I'm not an ultra liberal either--I'm no longer in my 20's. I don't even know anyone like that, personally.

The religious extremists that have taken over an entire political party--- ICK. I'm sure even Reagan would be turning in his grave. I don't understand how people aren't embarrassed and ashamed of calling themselves a Republican nowadays. Like it or not, it's currently associated with some really horrible ignorance and willful disdain for knowledge in the name of Jaysus.
Jaysus, as It Is Written, wasn't said to be a big booster of the elites, the rich, the masters, kings or emperors of his day. Yet the party that so brazenly uses his name for justification of policy and practice directly in contrast to his teachings, seems to want it both ways. Let them eat cake.
Did somebody say something about hypocrisy? Or maybe obnoxious people move into places where they know people won't like them just to be confrontational. Or basic negative attention - seeking.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:38 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't SEEN "far left nut jobs". You have no idea. Seriously. It's scary out there among the far left. I haven't seen anything on this forum that smacks of the "far left". Not even close.
You can get sprinkling of far left here and there, but you are right, this forum is mostly progressives. The democrats of ol are harder to find. And to the dismay of the progressives here, you will rarely find someone that is far right. It is mostly economic conservative with a bit of religious conservatives mixed in (which are not far right btw).

Labels are often used by both groups to discredit others without a lick of critical thinking. It really is unfortunate how often right wing nut job gets thrown around in this sub forum.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:41 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Yep, not hearing much from the 12 Monkeys in here.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You can get sprinkling of far left here and there, but you are right, this forum is mostly progressives. The democrats of ol are harder to find. And to the dismay of the progressives here, you will rarely find someone that is far right. It is mostly economic conservative with a bit of religious conservatives mixed in (which are not far right btw).

Labels are often used by both groups to discredit others without a lick of critical thinking. It really is unfortunate how often right wing nut job gets thrown around in this sub forum.
I haven't seen RWNJ flung around here much. Or not at other posters anyway. Maybe as a general comment about certain political views. I've seen it mainly on the Politics forum, which I haven't visited in ages. Too crazy.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:00 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
I agree beemer--- with the exception of us all wanting the same for Americans. Unfortunately, I don't really get that or see that with the Republican Party of Extreme Christianity at all.

Fiscal conservatism, fine--I totally understand and I do have friends that are fiscal conservatives. Not a problem. I'm not an ultra liberal either--I'm no longer in my 20's. I don't even know anyone like that, personally.

The religious extremists that have taken over an entire political party--- ICK. I'm sure even Reagan would be turning in his grave. I don't understand how people aren't embarrassed and ashamed of calling themselves a Republican nowadays. Like it or not, it's currently associated with some really horrible ignorance and willful disdain for knowledge in the name of Jaysus.
The majority of Republicans believe in the things they do because they think it will lead to stronger families, better economy, less crime etc which are the same goals of most Democrats.

I agree religious extremists are "ick" but to label all Republicans or most Republicans as religious extremists is completely wrong. It's important to know the difference between people and politicians. I have some friends from Mainland China that have been somewhat brainwashed into thinking if you don't love your government that means you don't love your country. Therefore, they think China's policies are perfect and to disagree with them would be the same as disrespecting your parents. Just because there are some crazy Tea Party(ers) in the Republican Party, does not mean people should be ashamed to call themselves Republicans. There are extremists in both parties.

And just for the record, I'm not a Republican, but I have Republican friends and family members, so I understand their intentions are good.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen RWNJ flung around here much. Or not at other posters anyway. Maybe as a general comment about certain political views. I've seen it mainly on the Politics forum, which I haven't visited in ages. Too crazy.
I have seen RWNJ and derivatives of a few times in just this thread. When you label groups falsely, you label everyone in the group falsely.

The poc sub forum can get exciting.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:

I also agree with bmw335xi.

Interesting point you make about being a fiscal conservative. I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal but not a far left nut job liberal.

I have had several people in CA try and tell me that it is impossible to be both. LOL!

One thing I have learned after living here for several years is that liberals from other parts of the US are much different then the liberals in CA.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I also agree with bmw335xi.

Interesting point you make about being a fiscal conservative. I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal but not a far left nut job liberal.

I have had several people in CA try and tell me that it is impossible to be both. LOL!

One thing I have learned after living here for several years is that liberals from other parts of the US are much different then the ultra liberals in CA.
You are seeing the difference between modern progressives and old school democrats. Much like old school republicans and neocons.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:39 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You are seeing the difference between modern progressives and old school democrats. Much like old school republicans and neocons.
I thought it was due to me turning 50 this year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland