Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 09:47 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Percenter View Post
Oh I didn't know a 5-600 dollar difference was "Much More Expensive" considering San Francisco can cost over 1200 more per month for a smaller unit . Excuse me while I roll my eyes at your smug condescending attitude.
Well now you know, you're welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 09:49 AM

32 posts, read 25,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well now you know, you're welcome

Old 10-27-2016, 01:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Shameful, as you know when the White Populace decreases crime & poverty increases.
Well, I guess Cupertino and Fremont are crime ridden places. Nevermind the $1 million+ homes and public schools with 900 APIs.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Read through the posts again, you'll get it. I certainly did.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:55 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
Walnut Creek, Concord see luxury apartment boom

Old 05-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Smear Campaigns and Diversity Issues: School Secession Movement Sparks Heated Debate | NBC Bay Area

Old 05-05-2017, 12:57 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Shameful, as you know when the White Populace decreases crime & poverty increases. I was just out in Concord, I didn't even recognize it as the place I went to 20 years ago.

Concord: Once a nice town, now filled with Thugs. Mostly Latino Thugs. I am seeing more and more Black thugs now too. It's starting to look like Pittsburg in a way. Coming off the freeway I saw some prostitutes on the corner along with some Black thugs with sagging pants and long Jamaican like dread locks
Oh, you met the Welcoming Committee?

I once worked off Concord Boulevard (this was like, 15 years ago), and there was a lot of "urban grittiness" from deindustrialization. We used to try to walk to lunch whenever we could just to get some exercise, and there was some sketchy characters kinda always around. Never a problem, but I can see how it would be unsettling to a woman walking alone (or even in a group), because most of these loitering guys looked like they had been in the joint, with the gang tatts, and the cholo outfits.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:58 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, I guess Cupertino and Fremont are crime ridden places. Nevermind the $1 million+ homes and public schools with 900 APIs.
I think he meant, when the white population ISN'T replaced with equally educated and affluent asians.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Oh, you met the Welcoming Committee?

I once worked off Concord Boulevard (this was like, 15 years ago), and there was a lot of "urban grittiness" from deindustrialization. We used to try to walk to lunch whenever we could just to get some exercise, and there was some sketchy characters kinda always around. Never a problem, but I can see how it would be unsettling to a woman walking alone (or even in a group), because most of these loitering guys looked like they had been in the joint, with the gang tatts, and the cholo outfits.
Traditionally it was a lower middle class to working class white community, then a lot of people from the ghetto's moved in from Oakland due to that city being gentrified. Last time I was in Walnut Creek I noticed a substancail ghetto population downtown. I'm assuming most are from Concord and points beyond.

There is speculation that Concord could be gentrified in the near future with pressure from the housing crisis, proposed high end apartments downtown, and the proposed Naval Base Redevelopment which will add up to 20k new residents middle to upper middle income.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:21 PM

https://www.trivalleydesi.com/tri-va...lation-on-map/

"The Map provides a good picture of which Tri Valley Areas are popular with the Asians or Indians. What really comes as no surprise is the Windermere, Gale Ranch, Camino Tassajara area of San Ramon, along Bollinger Canyon Road. Its known to be thickly populated with Indians and Chinese. On some streets and roads you will only find Indian households door to door, one after the other. Some people says its much of a South Indian microcosm. The schools of the area present the same picture – and have excellent scores. Next in San Ramon are some older areas in west San Ramon along Alcosta and Marketplace. Particularly apartments there are high density Indians. Coming down south, the Pine Valley area has some desi population, and further south, the area between Alcosta and Village Parkway in Dublin is again heavily dotted with red.

East Dublin is the other major desi area. Especially the last couple of years has seen a major influx of desis moving from all over the Bay Area into the Dublin Ranch neighborhood, including Positano and other new construction going on in the area at fast pace that supposedly provides some of the best value in the entire Bay Area. The prime area surrounding popular Emerald Glen park is pretty multi racial, but still reasonably desi as well. Especially towards the north of it. Dublin Boulevard from Hacienda to Village Parkway provides the best desi shopping experience with multiple stores and the Regal Cinema at Hacienda is always on with the latest Hindi release from Bollywood. The schools in the area are getting better every year – that is a no brainer. The Brigadoon area on the far west has a few desis living as well, and so do the apartments along the Dougherty Road. The apartment/condo living next to Bart in Dublin again has a good concentration of desi folks.

Pleasanton is where this Dot Map helps to give a more definitive picture than is generally known. The area between Owens Drive, Avalon Apartments and Stoneridge is heavily red. This has probably even gone higher in last year – especially with the apartments in the area. As Stoneridge meanders to the east, the homes around it are again pretty Asian, going up drastically around the south western end of Stoneridge. While West Pleasanton over all has a sprinkling of Indian population, the central business district goes quite opposite, and then again increases along 680, and showing high around the apartments south of Stoneridge Mall.

Asians are generally sprinkled over all of Tri Valley area, and Livermore shows the same pattern. The Indian population shows a little higher numbers around the Livermore Temple, kind of expected."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland