Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM

30 posts, read 30,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Truth be told, Oakland is only considered special because hipsters and transplants who could not hack it in SF got priced out of the mission.
for a toolbox so outspokenly against "hipsters", your profile hews laughably close to some sad "hipster" okcupid profile:

WizardOfRadical
Biography: Aging skateboarder
Interests: Skateboarding, snowboarding, and being care free
Education: UCSC, SFSU
Sex: MaleMarital/Relationship status: Single
Birthplace: California

and when faced with choosing a username, you literally, of your own volition, typed in the combination of words "WizardOfRadical", and hit enter with self-satisfaction and no sense of embarrassment? seriously?

one shudders at the pile of rejected screen names you discarded in your quest for the perfect city-data forum screen name with which to spew your insecure elitism: "SteamPunkOfCool? nah. AgingTattooedWereWolf? nah. WizardOfRadical? YES!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 02:12 PM

540 posts, read 648,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear11 View Post
for a toolbox so outspokenly against "hipsters", your profile hews laughably close to some sad "hipster" okcupid profile:

WizardOfRadical

and when faced with choosing a username, you literally, of your own volition, typed in the combination of words "WizardOfRadical", and hit enter with self-satisfaction and no sense of embarrassment? seriously?

one shudders at the pile of rejected screen names you discarded in your quest for the perfect city-data forum screen name with which to spew your insecure elitism: "SteamPunkOfCool? nah. AgingTattooedWereWolf? nah. WizardOfRadical? YES!"
Damn. LOL

Old 08-03-2015, 03:51 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,587,892 times
Quote:

WizardOfRadical

ding ding ding...and the winner by knockout.....

Old 08-03-2015, 09:21 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,973,531 times
Quote:

WizardOfRadical

I'm not really sure how you could deduce that I was a hipster based off my profile. Wizards of radical was a skate video.

And really, what kind of a name is gummybear? Are you twelve, or just that stuck on molly right now?

Now be a good bay area local and go over analyze your ham sandwhich.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Oakland is happy to just be. Seems like you are the one with the issue.
If Oakland (and Sf for that matter) were happy to just "be", the local transplants who live there would not spend their time trying convince everyone that they are Manhattan and Brooklyn.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:13 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,160,262 times
Quote:
If Oakland (and Sf for that matter) were happy to just "be", the local transplants who live there would not spend their time trying convince everyone that they are Manhattan and Brooklyn.
I'm sorry you got priced out of Oakland. Keep your bitterness to yourself please. Thank you...

Old 08-03-2015, 10:17 PM

569 posts, read 775,078 times
Quote:
I'm not really sure how you could deduce that I was a hipster based off my profile. Wizards of radical was a skate video.

And really, what kind of a name is gummybear? Are you twelve, or just that stuck on molly right now?

Now be a good bay area local and go over analyze your ham sandwhich.
You got owned on an internet forum and your comeback was neither wizardly. nor particularly radical.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm sorry you got priced out of Oakland. Keep your bitterness to yourself please. Thank you...
LoL people who get priced out of Oakland do not move to beach towns. Ya Santa Cruz, it is cheaper than Barstow here, LoL

But this all really proves my point. Oakland is just a typical mid sized city. There is not really anything it offers that can't be found in most mid sized cities. I don't think it sucks like say, Fresno. It has high marks on diversity and food, but a high crime rate. Nightlife, amenities, and attractions is where it is lacking. But I am from the LA area. If you don't have something like The Getty, Griffith Park, Rodeo Drive, or a cool beach, it's like why are you talking?

Some how offering an opinion like this gets the homers riled up. Which is odd when you realize half of them probably lived in SF before Oakland and are not CA natives . That's why you don't see people talking about it. Because a half dozen or so posters, who's answer to every inquiry is "move to Oakland" get ready for war. LoL.

Last edited by WizardOfRadical; 08-04-2015 at 10:07 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 10:21 PM

6,399 posts, read 8,223,496 times
dude, pick up your ball and go home. either that or stick to posting extensively about Sac/Granite Bay and how much the Bay Area is filled with transplants. for some one who grew up in El Segundo, you seem to have super extensive knowledge/fascination with the Sac area... weird, but more sad than anything. where in Oakland did you live btw? are you sure it wasn't San Leandro?

Last edited by 04kL4nD; 08-04-2015 at 10:30 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
dude, pick up your ball and go home. either that or stick to posting extensively about Sac/Granite Bay and how much the Bay Area is filled with transplants. for some one who grew up in El Segundo, you seem to have super extensive knowledge/fascination with the Sac area... weird, but more sad than anything
I lived in Sacramento when I worked for the Superior Court there. I'm not really sure how that is wierd, sad, or has anything to do with the original post, regarding Oakland and why people are bullied if they say anything negative about Oakland .

Edit:
Why do you care where I live or have lived? You are kinda creeping me out there man, stick to grinder.

Last edited by WizardOfRadical; 08-04-2015 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: sketchy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland