Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggidy View Post
I don't care about the EBT card or Whole Foods prices, or whatever. No person is supposed to be beaten unconscious. Security people a taught to "remove the threat" not to "wail on someone" The security guard will be lucky if he doesn't find himself in prison.
First off, if I spit in the face of a complete stranger I'd expect that person to try their best to kick my face in. Second, has anyone even seen store security video of the incident yet? How do we know this is all that got the guy neutralized. So far the media has put a real spin on this story by only reporting select information, purposely of course. When the news first reported it, they didn't mention him spitting. They didn't mention any other race except for the guy who got beat up. When it turns out most, if not all parties involved were also the same race as the guy who started the issue and lost the fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 03:46 AM

774 posts, read 1,857,132 times
Default ((LoL))

(((LoL)))

Is this some kind of Rush Limbaugh tactic?
... repeating lies, and inuendos as if they were fact to defend bigotry?

I've seen NO proof that he spit on anyone.

Sadly, this thread has sunk to a chasm of angry dysfunctional people attempting to spread (and project) their own predatory evil.

I've seen NO proof that the poor guy spit on anyone.
In fact, the only witness report I've read where to the contrary.

Quote:
"J.P. Morgan (and other banking institutions) makes over a Half BILLION dollars off Food Stamps--- basically the suffering of others--- yet you have people here BLAMING the guy for wanting to eat healthy.. for wanting to shop at a place that might raise his self-esteem and allow him to feel like a human being for about an hour that day. He may have needed to take a drink just to gather the courage to shop at that dysfunctional store."
Sad to read the type of low consciousness who now have invaded the Bay Area.

... and a Social Science professor trying to shut down public discourse??!?!?!

((LOL)) ... the times they certainly did change.

No wonder so many of you walk around angry each day.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:53 PM

758 posts, read 550,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
(((LoL)))
... and a Social Science professor trying to shut down public discourse??!?!?!
What are you talking about?

Old 09-15-2015, 01:00 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
I'm glad I wasn't shopping there during this protest. I am not changing my shopping habits - I go to this store at least once a week and I'm very careful with what I spend. Whole Foods has done what needs to be done. This guy was not beaten for trying to shop at WF with a EBT card. That is a lie that is being told over and over like Rush. Beating the guy up this badly does seem like an overreaction and I don't believe anyone is condoning it. This security guard may or may not be brought up on charges. That's not up to us or mob rule.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm glad I wasn't shopping there during this protest. I am not changing my shopping habits - I go to this store at least once a week and I'm very careful with what I spend. Whole Foods has done what needs to be done. This guy was not beaten for trying to shop at WF with a EBT card. That is a lie that is being told over and over like Rush. Beating the guy up this badly does seem like an overreaction and I don't believe anyone is condoning it. This security guard may or may not be brought up on charges. That's not up to us or mob rule.
I'm thinking that there is store security video that will show a lot more then what is being told. I've heard a few versions of the events, some saying the guy just spit on the security detail while others saying a fist fight with both parties involved followed the spitting incident. That's why I'm hoping to see some security video which would tell us right there if both parties were throwing punches.

I just can't imagine any other outcome after spitting in the face of a total stranger than a fist fight following in short order. That would seem logical. Just being spit on doesn't seem would/should warrant a total beatdown. And yeah, if that's in fact what happened then the security detail overreacted. It's more logical however that a mutual fist fight between the security detail and the guy commenced following the spitting incident. The most troubling part of this entire story is how the media, the attorney commenting about the incident in the media and a select few want to make this out to be a racially fueled incident. I've also read that all parties involved were the same race: cashier, security detail, manager and customer.

I really don't know anyone who wouldn't stomp on someone's head for spitting in their face. Well besides the Pope and Mother Theresa perhaps.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:10 PM

The title of this thread should be more factual and read: Black man causes issues with black cashier and then spits in face of black security detail and then loses physical altercation to black security detail. But nope that wouldn't fit the agenda very well.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 PM

569 posts, read 780,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
The title of this thread should be more factual and read: Black man causes issues with black cashier and then spits in face of black security detail and then loses physical altercation to black security detail. But nope that wouldn't fit the agenda very well.
Since the spitting and assault story has only been attributed to "witnesses" who posted anonymously on internet forums, your proposed headline is no more factual than the admittedly biased original headline.

From what we know right now, I think the headline should probably be something like "Conflicting stories in case of Whole Foods shopper injured by store security guard"

Old 09-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiPartTimer View Post
Since the spitting and assault story has only been attributed to "witnesses" who posted anonymously on internet forums, your proposed headline is no more factual than the admittedly biased original headline.

From what we know right now, I think the headline should probably be something like "Conflicting stories in case of Whole Foods shopper injured by store security guard"
Media reporting trend analysis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland