Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:02 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
The thing you short-sighted ultra-leftists dont get (moderate democrats like me do) is that this sets precedent. Just because you like it doesnt mean it is right. What's to stop a conservative politician in TX from passing legislation that requires recording of all women getting abortions to be turned over to police, so that they could monitor for underage girls?

That's why pres. Obama sets a bad precedent using executive orders, because a republican could use them too one day to jam stuff you dont like.

But you dont get it. You dont care about privacy issues. You care about your short sighted agenda and unintended consequences be damned
well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Yes, it's time to open some new gay club there.
Guns lead to violence.
It's better to make some love at that place, not violence
How many new cases of HIV and other STDs are spread through these kinds of sex clubs? Sorry, I don't agree with it, therefore because I don't like it then nobody can like it or participate. Do you see how we are setting a bad precedent. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean I have the right to force everyone else to follow my footsteps.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I think it needs to be mentioned that the headline on the OP's link is misleading. The High Bridge gun shop is not being forced to close. Also, it should be pointed out that the owner was already doing nearly everything the new measure requires. The shop is equipped with multiple surveillance cameras, and the owner was voluntarily giving law enforcement any information they requested.

The difference is that now the shop is required to turn over the surveillance video to law enforcement, and that is what the owner objects to. He feels that this violates his customers' privacy. As a result, he has decided on his own to close the shop. No one is forcing him.

Will San Francisco
Over regulation in California and in cities like San Francisco have caused hundreds of businesses to close. This is just a means to an end for the anti gun leaders of San Francisco. It is one act, amoung many acts, that prove this.

It is akin to mandating the tracking of every person getting a test for std's and having that information reported to the city or state incase you might intentionally spread an std.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
what was that?

Of course the majority of other states allow people to protect themselves outside their home unlike most areas in California.
Great posts, gun laws are becoming more flexible, yet gun crime is going down.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:09 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I think it needs to be mentioned that the headline on the OP's link is misleading. High Bridge Arms is not being forced to close. Also, it should be pointed out that the owner was already doing nearly everything the new measure requires. The shop is equipped with multiple surveillance cameras, and the owner had already been complying with existing law by giving law enforcement any information they requested.

The difference is that if the new law passes, the shop would be required to turn over all sales records to law enforcement, and that is what the owner objects to. He feels that this violates his customers' privacy. As a result, he has decided on his own to close the shop. No one is forcing him.

Will San Francisco
It is only misleading if you have no analytical abilities.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Great posts, gun laws are becoming more flexible, yet gun crime is going down.
The problem with most people that are against guns is that they know nothing about guns. The regulations and nonsense this states puts gun owners through is mind boggling. If any other right was treated like the 2nd amendment people would be up in arms, but because it is not something they find personally useful they want it stripped from everyone else.

Maybe some would benefit from a first time shooters class.
http://www.nrainstructors.org/Course...&youth=&women=

I volunteered to teach classes like the one above in the past and have shared the sport with dozens women, men and seniors. It is amazing what can happen when one has an open mind.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:29 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
It is amazing what can happen when one has an open mind.
And a loaded Glock. Allows one to "win" any in-person debate, no?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Boring

Old 09-24-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
A loaded glock allows a women to protect herself from a rapist or a senior to protect themselves from a home invader. Self preservation is the most basic human right.

I still don't understand why you think because someone has a gun they become more violent when statistics show people with concealed carry permits are much less likely to commit crimes than average people.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:55 PM

702 posts, read 954,121 times
Quote:
The problem with most people that are against guns is that they know nothing about guns.
For the record, I spent four years in the Air Force and am a qualified expert on the M16 and M9. I know plenty about weapons. I simply believe that they shouldn't be in the hands of untrained civilians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland