Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:26 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavinOnAJetPlane View Post
I disagree.. I see this parent all the time at school events still. They are not AS active as before, but still around quite often.
She must be the queen bee of her department. The "little guys" are the ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM

203 posts, read 193,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
She must be the queen bee of her department. The "little guys" are the ones.
Manager

Old 11-06-2015, 09:27 PM

424 posts, read 551,498 times
I know several people who work there, they don't all work night and day.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
I only know one person who works there. She's been there two years. We were supposed to have lunch, but she never has time. I also know a couple of extraordinarily gifted people who were turned down for a job there as software developers. This alerted me that 1) their hiring process is atrocious, and 2) they don't have the "best of the best" working there.

Here's a link with comments by others who may know more.

https://www.quora.com/Is-working-at-Google-overrated

Old 11-09-2015, 03:25 PM

57 posts, read 57,740 times
My friend's wife has been a QA contractor @ Google for about 10 years and she isn't overworked. One nice benefit is she gets free lunch everyday and also takes dinners home for her and her husband, everyday, cooked per order; at one point they had the Grateful Dead's former chef, although that was a few years back.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:47 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydoe View Post
My friend's wife has been a QA contractor @ Google for about 10 years and she isn't overworked. One nice benefit is she gets free lunch everyday and also takes dinners home for her and her husband, everyday, cooked per order; at one point they had the Grateful Dead's former chef, although that was a few years back.
So what was his secret ingredient to making his food taste good? Closest thing I've come to food and the Grateful Dead was a pint of Cherry Garcia.

So how's the food at Google? I worked at Genentech years back and I was completely amazed at how little it costs for a meal there. But it was food considered junk food, like a lot of fried things like hamburgers, French fries, bacon, eggs, sausage, etc. People would bring this type of food home for their entire family five days a week, at pennies per dollar cause it was so cheap. But what tripped me out is how unhealthy the food there is/was. And at Genentech where they research for better health and cures, it was odd to me that they would offer such types of food and at low prices, which enables/entices higher amounts to be consumed. Gallons of milk in every break room. Cheap fried foods, not to mention all the foods going on during the hoho's. Just goes to show how food motivates most people. And I thought that Scooby snacks only influenced my Golden Retriever like that.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:06 PM

57 posts, read 57,740 times
Assume what you like... Tt was actually very good Italian food, the gnocci that I had; and apparently they cooked all different types of food; and all free. It wasn't a bunch of fried foods but rather a 5 star chef. Google "Charlie Ayers" to read more about it.

Or, if you're just trolling, then carry on.....

Last edited by jonnydoe; 11-09-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland