Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 12:59 PM

56 posts, read 115,283 times

Advertisements

I have to quit smoking obviously, ever single ad says "non smoking" so I'm getting patches and sswitching to vape.

I'm biased against light cooking rooms and boycott them by principle.

Some ads are in straight chinese, should I forward these to Fair Housing @ .GOV and ask them if they take American tenants and why they're using Chinese ads in an American country?

Also, household must include laundry.

I'm self employed and the landlords seem to be biased against anyone not working for a big corporation and leading a big professional lifestyle (in/out of the house, carrying a briefcase, owning a macbook pro, etc, driving a nice car to and from work everyday). "Walk to Google, Facebook, etc"

I'm just the little guy, a friend is offering to put up rent for me becuase I'm disabled.

What are my odds of renting here? Sort've stuck in Santa Clara County due to court probation (which ends in 1.5-2 years)

no "shared rooms".

Am I dreaming, or should I put signs up on Castro St bulletin boards asking for mercy/help?

Craigslist is a cesspool of discrimination! What other options are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 05:35 PM

213 posts, read 253,147 times
$1000/month is impossible on the peninsula unless you're willing to accept roommates.

It's also near impossible in the East Bay too.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
$1000/month is impossible on the peninsula unless you're willing to accept roommates.

It's also near impossible in the East Bay too.
That's what I'm saying, a room for rent.

Not a shared room.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:05 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,607,178 times
No. What you are asking for is not realistic in that neighborhood or anywhere in the bay area

Old 11-04-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
No. What you are asking for is not realistic in that neighborhood or anywhere in the bay area
Funny, I just got someone emailing me about a room for $900/mo, furnished too. It is in Mountain View, not centralized near Castro but pretty close. I could deal with the compromise.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:47 AM

37,162 posts, read 42,320,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Funny, I just got someone emailing me about a room for $900/mo, furnished too. It is in Mountain View, not centralized near Castro but pretty close. I could deal with the compromise.
Well then you're all set!

Old 11-06-2015, 02:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,142,883 times
Quote:
Key word is "room". Sounds like a room in a house or multi room apartment (roommates). Not sure if that's something you are insinuating that you cannot have due to some type of situation or what.

BTW, is vaping really any different from traditional smoking? Stop being hooked on this just to start be hooked on that. Both force unnatural materials into the lungs.

Old 11-07-2015, 02:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,025,307 times
I know lots of people getting by on 1000-1500 a month rent with room mates. It can be done.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:44 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,607,178 times
Quote:
It's a room, not an apartment to yourself. You'd have room mates and one of your many criteria was no room mates. At that rate in that area, you'd be sharing with multiple people, too.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it IS to good to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland