Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 08:28 PM

8 posts, read 14,572 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm planning to move along with my family to Pleasanton from San Ramon. Could you please suggest communities to stay with family? I'm myself an Asian Indian but the would like to stay in community with diverse culture. I have found few apartment communities in Pleasanton viz. Pleasanton Heights, Civic Square, Pleasanton Place, Vista Del Sol, The Promenade, The Eaves. Please suggest which one is better.
My son is three years old and I believe Pleasanton is good school district with some excellent pre-schools around.
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 03:53 PM

213 posts, read 252,442 times
Pretty much anywhere within the Alamo - Danville - San Ramon - Dublin - Pleasanton corridor would have an excellent school district.

San Ramon is a better choice though, there are more Indians in that area.

As for those apartment communities, they're all pretty good. Pleasanton is in its own bubble with barely any crime.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:51 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,985,189 times
There are MANY Indian families in Pleasanton and nearby Dublin/San Ramon. I wouldn't say they're all contained in one neighborhood or anything like that so I couldn't tell you one neighborhood is better than another for diversity. Pleasanton has good schools and preschools---so no worries at all on that front.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:47 PM

Thank you both for the reply. As Maceart says that San Ramon is better, do you mean in terms of Indian community? As I said, I would prefer diverse community. So my search is not restricted only to a Indian community. I'm looking for an area which is family friendly and where my son can make new friends in the play area. I'm traveling to Sunnyvale for my job and usually park my car in fairgrounds park. So moving to Pleasanton will save my 20miles a day.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:10 PM

213 posts, read 252,442 times
It's better in terms of the fact there's more Indian things around, like markets and community groups.

If you want diversity the Alamo - Pleasanton corridor isn't very diverse; and if your job is in Sunnyvale I would NOT recommend living anywhere on the east bay. Fremont - Milpitas - Santa Clara - San Jose would be where I would be looking. The commute from San Ramon to Sunnyvale will drive you nuts in less than a week (2 hours each way in heavy traffic).

Old 02-03-2016, 12:16 PM

You are absolutely right. It is already driving me nuts. However, office bus picks me up from fairgrounds park and ride which at least saves my driving pain and fuel in the traffic. I thought of moving to Fremont-Milipitas or San Jose area but I believe if once you live in San Ramon like area, those places will not attract you. Pleasanton, I think, is more like San Ramon in terms of open spaces and facilities like central parks. Anyway, thanks a lot for the advice.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 4,860 times
The schools are very good (most of them anyway). It's a healthy place and most of the folks here have a good head on their shoulders. I live near Hopyard Rd. which is nice because I can walk to some restaurants and shops in addition to my chiropractor which is Intero Chiropractic at 4847 HOPYARD RD, #1, Pleasanton.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:06 PM

6 posts, read 9,533 times
Anyone have thoughts on raising a family in Pleasanton vs San Ramon?

Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhgrad View Post
Anyone have thoughts on raising a family in Pleasanton vs San Ramon?
Honestly that whole area isn't really appreciably different other than ethnic mix in each school. The schools are all about the same. Some have more of a snooty reputations than others, but they are generally well performing. That being said if your kid isn't really motivated by competition and isn't a stellar student it would probably suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland