Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
They say it by their actions! More cops (of all races) are killed by blacks than any other race. Do cops' lives matter? Not to black people.

More white people are killed by blacks than blacks are killed by whites. Do white lives matter? Apparently not to black people!

More Asians are killed or assaulted by black people than black people are killed or assaulted by Asians. Do Asian lives matter? Again, apparently not to black people!

Facts are facts.

You can quit with the "poor black people" charade now. It's gotten pretty old at this point and nobody, other than other blacks and a few retarded white liberals, is really buying it.
Saying "police officers: don't shoot first, ask questions later" doesn't mean police officers lives don't matter.

Considering most people kill people in their own ethnic group, it doesn't exactly say that you are "ignoring the issue." You tend to murder people you are around. The media also doesn't like to talk about any anti-violence or anti crime efforts because it doesn't fit into the agenda of "black people don't care about so-called black on black crime."

And as we often forget, there is no black hive mind. Everyone has their own opinions and views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 09:49 AM

406 posts, read 288,612 times
Quote:
They say it by their actions! More cops (of all races) are killed by blacks than any other race. Do cops' lives matter? Not to black people.

More white people are killed by blacks than blacks are killed by whites. Do white lives matter? Apparently not to black people!

More Asians are killed or assaulted by black people than black people are killed or assaulted by Asians. Do Asian lives matter? Again, apparently not to black people!

Facts are facts.

You can quit with the "poor black people" charade now. It's gotten pretty old at this point and nobody, other than other blacks and a few retarded white liberals, is really buying it.
and blacks who commit those crimes are arrested, prosecuted, and convicted because the sentiment that crime is bad already abounds in society. (Btw, how many of those crimes are attributable to hate crimes, because 70% of racially motivated hate crimes are committed with a anti-black bias motivation, and the majority are committed by whites.) More to the point, there is a distinction between crime and state sponsored violence.
Shouldn't an agent of the law be held to a higher standard than a criminal. You suggest otherwise. Sentiments for police accountability are not abound in society. Black Lives Matter protests police militarization, racial profiling, disproportionate use of lethal force, to name a few, because it isnt gratuitous to do so.

But those Olympic worthy mental cartwheels you are performing are nothing short of entertaining

Last edited by the happy guy; 03-01-2016 at 10:03 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 10:03 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
and blacks who commit those crimes are arrested, prosecuted, and convicted because the sentiment that crime is bad already abounds in society. (Btw, how many of those crimes are attributable to hate crimes, because 70% of racially motivated hate crimes are committed with a anti-black bias motivation, and the majority are committed by whites.) More to the point, there is a distinction between crime and state sponsored violence.
Shouldn't an agent of the law be held to a higher standard. You suggest otherwise. Sentiments for police accountability are not abound in society. Black Lives Matter protests police militarization, racial profiling, disproportionate use of lethal force, to name a few, because it isnt gratuitous to do so.

But those Olympian worthy mental cartwheels you are performing are entertaining.
Actually, kttam's "facts" are fallacies, to boot. Have to run now, but I'll come back in a while and shred them for entertainment.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:12 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So continue on your self-revealing course by all means. I simply feel some obligation to point out that you're not any good at this logical discourse business and the more you continue the more foolishly you define yourselves.

Finally: what do I thnk Zuckerberg should do? I'm fine with his apparent grasp of his situation and the actions he has taken.
Tulemutt, I appreciate your follow up. You come across as someone with a lot of education, who likes to use it. But don't expect everyone to respond to your questions in the way you want to hear it. This is an internet forum, not a college classroom.

And if it makes you feel any better... do I think African Americans are genetically inferior? No I certainly don't. I don't see anywhere on this thread where I've given that impression. Race is a social construct. The perfect aspect of our society is the number of mixed race individuals who prove that race is artificial.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all protest groups, whether they are black or white. If they block traffic or threaten the police (only one time), I start to lose interest. It doesn't make me more sympathetic when they try to disrupt or take over someone else's forum. That's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't think Zuckerberg needs to focus on educating his employees about the black lives matter movement. That is on them to take part in learning more.

What is critical, is that these employees learn how to treat their fellow colleagues with respect and care. If there is a public free space where people can write their thoughts and opinions, you should not alter those because you don't agree. That is just rude (and entitled, it says my opinion is more important than yours and I am going to erase your voice.)

Any team members that take that tact with their own colleagues are toxic and that can play out in multiple levels. That is what is most problematic. What do they do in meetings? When they are in the lunch rooms? when working on 360 reviews?
jade408, I appreciate your comments. Thanks. I am interested in your point of view.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
So why do some people treat whites as one homogenous group, when the reality is that some are rich and powerful, and some are not? I guess it's because if we're white, we automatically have privilege?
Yes, whites from birth have distinct advantages, you weren't aware of that?

The Other American Dream: Social Mobility, Race and Opportunity | Brookings Institution

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-nine-charts/

Applicants with white-sounding names were 50% more likely to get called for an initial interview than applicants with black-sounding names.

And here's a nice website with even more examples, enjoy! The Ultimate White Privilege Statistics & Data Post

Old 03-01-2016, 10:58 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:

Facts are facts.

So you claim.

What is your source that supports your boldfaced statements?

Old 03-01-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Actually no because Marky isn't allowing Whites or Asians to write stuff about White lives matter or Asian lives matter.
Source please, because I can't find anything anywhere that states that he prohibits people from writing whatever they want, only that he made them stop erasing "black lives matter" and replacing it with something else

Old 03-01-2016, 11:04 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, whites from birth have distinct advantages, you weren't aware of that?

Applicants with white-sounding names were 50% more likely to get called for an initial interview than applicants with black-sounding names.[/url]

And here's a nice website with even more examples, enjoy! The Ultimate White Privilege Statistics & Data Post
OK, that is interesting and I will look at it later. But you can't expect me to believe that a white candidate from a state school will have better job chances than an African American from Stanford, Harvard or Yale (or any of the Big Ten schools). If you've read this thread you know that my position is that race is not that simple in this country. You can't say I'm white, I have all the advantages. I'm African American, I have none. None of this considers economic status which I believe needs to be considered. But apparently if I insist on that, I'm narrow minded.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:29 AM

572 posts, read 599,352 times
Quote:
OK, that is interesting and I will look at it later. But you can't expect me to believe that a white candidate from a state school will have better job chances than an African American from Stanford, Harvard or Yale (or any of the Big Ten schools). If you've read this thread you know that my position is that race is not that simple in this country. You can't say I'm white, I have all the advantages. I'm African American, I have none. None of this considers economic status which I believe needs to be considered. But apparently if I insist on that, I'm narrow minded.
Statistics and data show trends on what people of color experience as a group versus white people as a group.

It's difficult to then apply those to individual situations. There are plenty of white people that struggle and have very tough upbringings and there are plenty of black people that are born into wealth and have more advantages over many white people. But I think what people like Jade and Tulemutt and 2sleepy are saying is that its societal perceptions and institutional systems in place that put the average black American at a distinct disadvantage to the average white American when it comes to thriving in life.

Academics struggle against this issue of proving what data trends show on a big picture scale versus what individuals might experience at any given time. For example - smoking puts you at risk for developing lung cancer... But my grandfather smoked his whole life and died of old age at 95. The planet is getting warmer each year due to climate change... But it was really cold yesterday.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
There was actually a study done on that:

Black Harvard graduates have the same shot at a job call-back as white state college grads

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland