Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 11:51 AM

254 posts, read 597,568 times

Advertisements

My mother-in-law needs trash hauled away from her garage. It's a small load of 10 trash bags. I cannot be there. We are moving into the attic and the guys put the trash in the garage. I'm not available to be there either. Is there a trash hauler that allows you to pay online?
I would use the garbage collcetors, but they would add a charge to her account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 12:13 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStar View Post
My mother-in-law needs trash hauled away from her garage. It's a small load of 10 trash bags. I cannot be there. We are moving into the attic and the guys put the trash in the garage. I'm not available to be there either. Is there a trash hauler that allows you to pay online?
What's the difference between paying someone to haul it, and the garbagemen billing her extra?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:10 PM

254 posts, read 597,568 times
There is a difference. My MIL decided to use someone she knows. I don't know why she didn't do that in the beginning. Recology charges $6.32 per bag. There were a little over 10 bags, and it cost $60 bucks flat to use this guy.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStar View Post
Are you sure about the extra charge from the trash company to her account? I live in Newark and the city contracts with Republic Services for trash collection. They allow a certain number of bulk trash pick-ups at the residence each year, along with a certain number of days to have free access to the landfill. Every trash company I've ever had offered some sort of services like these.

You should may want to figure out who the trash company is and visit their website if you haven't already done so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland