Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:08 PM

170 posts, read 982,950 times

Advertisements

Does anyone in San Fran live like the cast on full house? I can assume not..

First off they live in a house with a backyard. That house must cost 4 million
Second they come off as normal income kind of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM

409 posts, read 1,830,105 times
No, we do not live in a TV show.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfingiskewl View Post
Does anyone in San Fran live like the cast on full house? I can assume not..

First off they live in a house with a backyard. That house must cost 4 million
Second they come off as normal income kind of people.
LOL... I used to say that ALL the time! How the heck can a single dad, with 4 kids & 2 permanent couch-surfers (Jesse & Joey, who were only briefly employed) afford a place like that?? Not to mention, they always showed the 5 ladies @ Alamo Square in the opening shot, and if that's where they lived, we're talking $4-5M EASILY for that house.

Now, let's pretend they're a real family and rationalize this... Danny was a morning show host, which probably pays in the low six-figures (unless he was really famous, like Regis Philben or something), so that's decent but not a ton in San Francisco. He also had a dead wife, so it's possible she had a good life insurance policy, or family money that went to Danny & the kids? Other possibility is that their home was in the family for generations, which is how many older people live in nice homes here - that's the case with my friend's grandparents, and I think they paid way less than $100K for their home (a gorgeous Victorian in Richmond Heights) a million years ago. Anyway, it is pretty ridiculous, but TV people always live FAR beyond their means... like, how did the "Friends" folks afford a gigantic apartment in downtown NYC? They were barely employed, let alone making millions! Guess that's why it's fantasy, huh?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 PM

P.S. Can you tell I was a child of the '80s? I'm actually the same age as DJ Tanner (the oldest kid), so I literally grew up with that show... it was so lame, but I still loved it!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM

170 posts, read 982,950 times
yeah that show was great. Its just so weird how they make those cities out to be on - Affordable to normal people and crime free.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Can you tell I was a child of the '80s? I'm actually the same age as DJ Tanner (the oldest kid), so I literally grew up with that show... it was so lame, but I still loved it!
At least they used real exteriors for your shows... if there was a show based in Pittsburgh, PA -- they made it look like Brooklyn. And they talked like they were from Brooklyn.

There was a TV show called Hope and Gloria, set in Pittsburgh. Enrico Colantoni did a half baked Brooklyn accent as a Pittsburgh accent.

And we knew at the beginning this show was doomed when the characters called the inclines "funiculars". No one -- BUT NO ONE -- in Pittsburgh calls the two remaining inclines funiculars. I don't think they'd even know that's what they are.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:03 PM

254 posts, read 1,182,998 times
Actually, I know several people that have homes with yards in the city. Some are the old Victorians that have been turned into multi-family units, but some are single family homes as well. SF has more "back yards" than any other city I can think of.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:33 PM

812 posts, read 4,081,936 times
Maybe if the morning show was on a network he'd be able to do better. I remember hearing what KGO anchors made about ten years ago, and it was about 500,000... of course these were the primetime folks doing the 6 and 11, back in the Ana Chavez to Terilyn Joe years. I also remember hearing that Pete Giddings made about 300,000 in the late 1980's, just as the weatherman, so there's a possibility that they could, under the right conditions, have a nice house. But of course, they wouldn't have been so "aww shucks Levi 501" in their demeanor.

I also believe that it was never suggested that they lived in one of the 5 ladies, because they always showed a different house for the "exterior shots" when coming back from a commercial... I heard where the real house was once, but I forgot.

It's just like Kramer... never worked, yet had plenty of money.

Can you tell that I lived off of Full House also as a kid in the 1980's? I made the mistake of watching it a few years back in syndication... man it was awful.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
At least they used real exteriors for your shows... if there was a show based in Pittsburgh, PA -- they made it look like Brooklyn. And they talked like they were from Brooklyn.

There was a TV show called Hope and Gloria, set in Pittsburgh. Enrico Colantoni did a half baked Brooklyn accent as a Pittsburgh accent.
LOL... my mom's from Philadelphia, and people ALWAYS ask if she's from New York. Isn't the caaawfee (coffee) a dead giveaway? For cryin' out loud, they even had a Saturday Night Live sketch about that!

One of my favorite shows, Qu@@r as Folk (sorry, they censor that word!) was set in Pittsburgh, but really filmed up in Toronto - is Pittsburgh that bad??

Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbykt View Post
Actually, I know several people that have homes with yards in the city. Some are the old Victorians that have been turned into multi-family units, but some are single family homes as well. SF has more "back yards" than any other city I can think of.
I have a yard! Well, sort of.......

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/gizmo980/SF%20House/backyard.jpg (broken link)

It's not much, but big enough for my dog to go potty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland