Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:35 PM

168 posts, read 165,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Between Oakland or Berkeley, I would definitely choose Berkeley. Have you looked around Millbrae, Daly City, San Bruno, South San Francisco? I really hate dealing with the Bay Bridge.

I spend a lot of time in or looking for hotels on the North Peninsula. Other than the airport hotels, they're pretty expensive or in remote locations. Many - especially near the airport - charge for parking. I agree that the Bay Bridge is a hassle. That's why I go under it (ferry or BART).

Maybe airbnb in that area is better, but I don't do airbnb. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:04 PM

428 posts, read 810,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBob View Post
I had to laugh; you're telling a guy from Minnesota to bring a jacket. But you're absolutely right. People visit San Francisco expecting beach weather...and sandy beaches.....
And I am from northern Minnesota, lol. Duluth MN (birthplace of Bob Dylan), almost spit snow here a couple of weeks ago (seriously)! I have seen it snow here in July LOL. Good heads up though, I will bring a jacket! Duluth is on Lake Superior, chilly with the wind off the lake, so I imagine San Fran could be a bit like that.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:49 AM

323 posts, read 697,510 times
I think that the ferry will provide vouchers for free parking in the indoor lot near the dock. If you stay at the Marriot in Oakland you can walk to the ferry. Recommended.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:35 PM

242 posts, read 433,175 times
I moved from San Francisco to Minneapolis (and we've moved to Texas since). I recommend not driving and instead parking your car at a safe BART station and taking the train in. San Francisco isn't quite like Chicago or NYC in terms of public transportation but it's far easier to get around than downtown Minneapolis (I know you're up north). Take the BART and cable cars to get around. Note: Be prepared for sticker shock on these prices although they will be quite a bit less than parking if you chose to drive.

Also, hot tip: Do not refer to San Francisco as "San Fran"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland