Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:58 AM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Right because Thiel as a gay person may only support a democrat because the liberal elites have dicatated so... It's the same thing when a black person points to the elephant in the room by saying if we believe black lives matter than we can't ignore that the majority of the murders of our brothers and sisters happens in our own communities by each other. Oh right, he is just a nut job and Thiel is just a moron. How dare people like this think differently than dictated by the white liberal elitist!
Again, you assign to me things I have never said. What a fiction writer! Master of hyperbole!

Theil, straight or gay, is a moron for supporting moronic behavior. I haven't said a word about any particular ideologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The 10 million kids you refer to are mostly raised by parents supporting Hillary. How many Asians do you suppose would allow their kids to dream of being ballers? How many children of Europeans, who, like Thiel, I am one, don't dream big (but not about being an athlete)? Even many Hispanics and Africans are ambitious and want success for their kids. So yes it is laughable. It is laughable how lazy, unambitious, and fatalistic many so-called true Americans are.
Who the 10 million kids might be raised by has no bearing whatsoever on the truth of my observations. Your response is a total non-sequitur.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:01 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Welcome to the new America where creators, innovators, risk-takers, dreamers, hard-workers, strivers are looked down upon, even called morons. What is exalted is sloth and ineptitude.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
So they must be mocked and belittled constantly.

I can't tell you just how persuasive a certain mutt's arguments in this thread have been. There isn't a unit of measurement that small.
Fluffy: who is "they" who must be mocked?

As for me being persuasive? Mmm, Can't change small, closed minds. Don't expect to. This is a venue for other minds as well, however. And for open expression. And I have no lack of confidence my examples are well enjoyed here by many. And I thank you and bmw, LuvOC, Craziaskowboi, and others for my inspiration to share

Old 07-23-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Welcome to the new America where creators, innovators, risk-takers, dreamers, hard-workers, strivers are looked down upon, even called morons. What is exalted is sloth and ineptitude.
More thrashing about things never mentioned. You do get wound up don't you OC? Well, we all need our exercise - even if it's jumping to unfounded conclusions! Eh?

Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Again, you assign to me things I have never said. What a fiction writer! Master of hyperbole!

Theil, straight or gay, is a moron for supporting moronic behavior. I haven't said a word about any particular ideologies.
Come on Mutt, I know you aren't that stupid. You know exactly what you are implying and it's the opposite of tolerance and exact example of liberal elitism.

A smart, successful, and well spoken billionaire is not a moron. The only reason you are pointing to him out of all the speakers is because he is a gay person and you hate the fact that a successful gay person is going against the liberal elite. You think of it as a slippery slope that it might give the confidence of others to start voicing their own opinion instead of falling in line.

Shame on you.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Come on Mutt, I know you aren't that stupid. You know exactly what you are implying and it's the opposite of tolerance and exact example of liberal elitism.

A smart, successful, and well spoken billionaire is not a moron. The only reason you are pointing to him out of all the speakers is because he is a gay person and you hate the fact that a successful gay person is going against the liberal elite. You think of it as a slippery slope that it might give the confidence of others to start voicing their own opinion instead of falling in line.

Shame on you.
You persist in guessing about what I am saying, rather than reading what I am saying with any comprehension whatsoever. Amusing.

I am not implying anything other than what I bluntly state: support of moronic behavior is moronic in itself. Or at least shamelessly self-serving. In Theil's case, it's moronic.

And that goes for every other speaker at the RNC Convention. However, note, I didn't bother mentioning the other speakers because - well - this thread doesn't feature others. It features our own SV golden child, Peter Theil. Who, as a SV entrepreneur / genius / fabulous success story / whatever accolades you want to assign to him - um, should know better as evidence of his supposed intelligence.

And note: not one single utterance from me in all these posts about Theil's sexuality or any presumption I might make about his allegiance to or responsibility to the same. Not one. Has nothing to do with sexuality. And everything to do with the moronic behavior of a supposedly highly intelligent SV entrepreneur.

Learn to read.
And think.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:50 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
A supposed San Francisco native too. Not only does he vote against his cultural interests, but also his economic interests. The RNC has been a horror comedy.
You're just jealous and somewhat confused now. A gay republican , proud of his sexuality and openly embraced by his political party of choice. That must be such a party pooper to see how clearly being gay and being republican are not mutually exclusive.

By the way SF is a very diverse city. There is a very conservative gay community who just stay out of the protests and the overt behavior that goes along with it. A large group all told and one that is probably more openminded in a real sense than most.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:15 PM

677 posts, read 835,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I hope you're not implying that Hillary is not also guilty of "moronic behavior".

Old 07-23-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
I hope you're not implying that Hillary is not also guilty of "moronic behavior".
What, exactly, have you read in my posts on this thread that refers to HRC at all in any way?

But, now that you've brought us to the topic, I suppose you'll want to explore that belief? I haven't engaged in any real political controversy here. I've pointed out scientifically / medically / historically verifiable points that highlight human behavior unsuitable for leadership. None of my comments have been ideologically limited to "left" or "right", Republican or Democrat.

Whether one agrees with Hillary's ideological platforms or not, she isn't insane, or moronic. Which same observation of basic sanity and intellectual capacity could be said for Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Chris Christie, Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, and a number of the others who have exited the race.

Ben Carson, on the other hand ...

Last edited by Tulemutt; 07-23-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland