Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 06:03 PM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yeah, zero, just like social justice warrior 2sleepy who has never ever employed a black person yet will throw the word "racist" out like it's cheap halloween candy.
Wow, just out trolling tonight or are your feelers still hurt because I explained the difference between tax rate and withholding rate to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:28 PM

702 posts, read 949,726 times
Quote:
Are you seriously going to tell me a guy coming from Bangalore India has more opportunities than a black kid born in Detroit?
I actually wrote a research paper on Bengaluru last year. That's a no-brainer, of course someone from Bengaluru has more opportunity than someone from Detroit. Bangalore has an excellent public education system, and a literacy rate of 88% (they speak English). Detroit (like nearly all of the United States) has a public education system primarily funded by property taxes, which is inherently unjust. The literacy rate in Detroit is just 53%. Bangalore is India's center of technology and healthcare research, basically their version of the Bay Area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9bnO-bpSI

Last edited by ketch89; 08-09-2016 at 07:41 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 07:48 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,050,099 times
Quote:
Good! Good! Focus on that race card, that's the strongest leftist play in the book.

Never mind annoying things like facts, historical data, and statistics.
I don't know, man, the point you are making sounds quite racist, to me.

I don't know what Telemutt did for a living when he was working, but he's stated before that he has a lot of money and is spending his retirement on a boat. As a Navy guy, that doesn't sound like a bad way to retire, to me.

Telemutt makes a lot more sense than most people on here. He's also seen more of the real world than most people who post on here. Like me, he takes ideas from both the left and the right. That's the correct way to do it. Moderate is the best.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:37 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,952,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Let's review those choices:
Dental Hygienist - need more post school training
Web Developer - need to learn to code
Admin Assistant - Haven't seen an admin assistant job not requiring at least an AA degree in at least 15 years.
Paralegal Assistant - need more post school training
Construction Worker - maybe, but plenty of people are content to pick up people they pay under the table at home depot
Ah so moving the goal post, now it's not "college degree", now it's "need to pick up a book and read or take a night course to get additional training". Do you think people should have to do "any" work to get a good job? According to you, picking up a book and having to take a few night courses is too big a barrier for black people.

That sounds pretty racis..... nevermind.

Quote:
After loads of links about about how school treat black students differently, differing outcomes across the entire justice system, double the unemployment rates at all education levels for black people, it is all a figment of our imaginations.
Well seeing as you didn't post any data or proof that the justice system simply incarcerates blacks more than other minorities, instead of blacks simply committing more crimes, it's hard to "imagine" the scenario you're trying to paint.

But you're welcome to find a real vetted study (not some leftist rag like VOX or Gawker) done by a reputable academic institution that shows that blacks are not "actually" committing more crimes simply being targetted by the justice system.

When you find that data, make sure to apply for your nobel peace prize and your PhD from Harvard because you'll officially be the first person on the planet to actually prove that leftist fairy tale.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Guys from Banglore India are coming with a college degree. That's the only way they are allowed to leave. Last I checked people with more education tend to do better than those with less. And we see how much we want to educate kids in Detroit.
So the guy from a third world country, where the average median income is under $700 dollars ANNUALLY, can pull themselves up, go to a public school where there are no TVs, computers, instructors without credentials, sometimes no electricity, pass some of the most rigorous post secondary entrance test in the world competing for extremely limited spots, graduate from college, apply for a visa, fly half way around the world into a country where they barely know the language, succeed financially, and not commit violent crime?!!

So what's stopping the guy from Detroit who comes from a family with 40x the income, knows the language, and doesn't have to fly halfway around the world?

Let me guess your canned leftist reply, "racism".

Old 08-10-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I don't know, man, the point you are making sounds quite racist, to me.
Explain why it's racist and not simply fact.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
I actually wrote a research paper on Bengaluru last year. That's a no-brainer, of course someone from Bengaluru has more opportunity than someone from Detroit.
So someone from Detroit has a harder time learning to read English than someone in Bangalore India?

I literally just watched a YouTube video where a 3 year old (had not attended any K-12 yet) was reading and writing in cursive, and "it's easier in India" is what you're going to put your hat on?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM

21,622 posts, read 16,142,578 times
Quote:
Although I find it funny that a guy who claims to live a paupers lifestyle on a "house boat" in the poorest part of the Bay Area is trying to lecture someone who actually employs over 70 people in a business responsible for 8 digit revenue annually about "wealth", can you prattle on about something you actually know about, maybe step aside so the adults can discuss something of substance here?

I've actually hired African Americans, and put good money into their bank accounts. How many black people do you employ? Yeah, zero, just like social justice warrior 2sleepy who has never ever employed a black person yet will throw the word "racist" out like it's cheap halloween candy.

Don't worry tulemutt, your race card membership has been renewed, you can now scamper away with all the other kiddies:
Never claimed to "live a pauper's lifestyle" on a house boat. I live what most call a minimalist's lifestyle, true. But I'm no pauper. And I call my lifestyle 'simply pleasurable' - as I have very few material worries and obligations.

But here you are, as always, masquerading as a successful business owner (employing 70, producing "8-digit-revenue"). This in total contradiction to the reality that the type of person who succeeds at running an "8-digit revenue" company with 70 employees is about the least likely person in the world to spend his days, from the opening bell to closing each day, arguing abrasively with total strangers on the internet who have nothing to offer his 'type-A' march through life - when we know that pretty much all the people who post regularly and in quantity on anonymous forums are persons with plenty of free time on their hands. (To say nothing of numerous glaring examples of your complete lack of understanding of both business and general economics.)

Moving on a bit, I've never said if I hired African Americans, or anybody else - so actually you have no idea. Just more you are making up to suit your narrative style.

But mostly curiously, I haven't yet used the term "racist" with you in this or any other thread. In fact, you and I have never talked about race in any way ever before - other than my most recent reference to you clearly being clueless about that topic. I haven't discussed racial issues, or my opinions about them, here with anybody else either.

So, now that we're here, I now have a question for you in that regard. Not an accusation. Legitimately a question I'd like a simple answer from you. You've been ridiculing how liberals use the "racisim card" and accusing them of being the real racists.

How about you? Do you consider yourself a racist? Or not. It's not illegal to be racist. How about just a simple yes or no with regard to yourself?

As for "adult conversation"? With you? Heh.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:13 AM

42,758 posts, read 25,996,463 times
Quote:
Well seeing as you didn't post any data or proof that the justice system simply incarcerates blacks more than other minorities, instead of blacks simply committing more crimes, it's hard to "imagine" the scenario you're trying to paint.
The effects of racial bias are particularly well demonstrated in the areas of traffic stops and drug law enforcement. Between 1980 and 2000, the U.S. black drug arrest rate rose from 6.5 to 29.1 per 1,000 persons; during the same period, the white drug arrest rate increased from 3.5 to 4.6 per 1,000 persons.Yet the disparity between the increase in black and white drug arrests does not correspond to any significant disparity in black drug activity. In 2012, for instance, the National Institute on Drug Abuse published a
study surveying drug usage among secondary school students in the United States from 1975-2011. The study found that white students were slightly more likely to have abused an illegal substance within the past month than black students. Yet from 1980-2010, black youth were arrested for drug crimes at rates more than double those of white youth. Disparity between black drug activity and black arrest rates is also
present in adult populations: in Seattle in 2002, for instance, African Americans constituted 16% of observed drug dealers for the five most dangerous drugs but 64% of drug dealing arrests for those drugs. While these arrests were for trafficking rather than possession, the modest evidence available suggests that most drug users purchase drugs from a dealer of their own race.

(There are more well vetted examples in the link)

Old 08-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

As for "adult conversation"? With you? Heh.
Never know until you actually try! Otherwise, why are you even here following me around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland