Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:56 PM

702 posts, read 951,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
The top 12 banks approved just 4 home loans for blacks to purchase homes in Oakland for the entire year of 2013. There is literally a systematic effort by banks and government to purge blacks from Oakland.
Do you just believe whatever sjw drivel the EBX writes? There were only 7 applications from blacks in 2013. 4 of 7 (57.1%) were approved. For comparison, 40 of 66 applications from whites (60.6%) were approved.

http://greenlining.org/wp-content/up...st-spreads.pdf

Last edited by ketch89; 08-02-2016 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:37 AM

1,949 posts, read 6,448,623 times
Default Sacramento will be the new Oakland?

Quote:
Sacramento will be the most chocolate big city in CA per capita after the 2020 census.

The new houses in Antioch cost as much as the Oakland ghetto. Those are people selling houses in the ghetto and moving to an exurban ghetto with tract homes. And that was a thing of the late 90's. Since the great recession the number of loans to blacks has dwindled.

The top 12 banks approved just 4 home loans for blacks to purchase homes in Oakland for the entire year of 2013. There is literally a systematic effort by banks and government to purge blacks from Oakland.

Even the two best players on the Warriors last season are not even real blacks. They are barely black.
it's a possibility Sacramento will be the next Oakland, I do notice lots of black people in Sac? almost everywhere you go you see blacks & latinos, and asians

like at the ARDEN FAIRE MALL , if your white you will be the minority

Old 08-03-2016, 11:41 AM

72,872 posts, read 62,353,210 times
There many Blacks from California showing up in the Atlanta area these days. I should know because I live in the Atlanta area.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:45 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,267,749 times
of all the problems in the world and country, especially resource economics like in California, people worry about the distribution of melanin. Well, I guess everyone needs a hobby right?

Old 08-03-2016, 04:55 PM

28,110 posts, read 63,525,853 times
No one I know was forced out to go anywhere...

I managed a lot of Section 8 rentals and at one time almost all were African American Households... some had been in the same rental for decades.

When Section 8 became truly portable with Vouchers these families started to leave and over about a 6 year period they all left with a few exceptions.

The reasons given were many... seeking better schools, want newer housing, want to leave the Oakland etc...

I have stayed in touch with many... still get Christmas Cards or past Landlord Verification...

Antioch, Hayward, Tracy, Pittsburg, Vallejo were all very popular destinations.

Some have done well... a few have called to see if I had anything available as Antioch, Hayward, Tracy did not live up to expectations.

Many in my professional African American circle simply decided to cash out... some did move back home... even 50 years after leaving... again, not forced out... simply the reality of having a Free and Clear 500k+ home and being able to buy a nice Brick Home on some land for 150k cash or less in places like Alabama....

The Reality is there were no shortage of people willing to step in as buyers or renters and very few have been African Americans... most young working couples fleeing San Francisco...

Again, at one time I was 80%+ Section 8 in management and now down to a few legacy families... and we stopped accepting new Section 8 when the rules changed regarding Security Deposits...

Old 08-03-2016, 05:20 PM

5,515 posts, read 8,730,291 times
Declining black population in Oakland. And famously declining across the bay in San Francisco. Curious if the same holds true for Berkeley. Anyone know?

Old 08-03-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Declining black population in Oakland. And famously declining across the bay in San Francisco. Curious if the same holds true for Berkeley. Anyone know?
And in other California cities. This isn't just a Bay Area problem.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:58 PM

28,110 posts, read 63,525,853 times
Oakland population demographics have been in flux as long as I can remember...

I've seen first hand neighborhoods go from mostly White to Black to Asian to Hispanic and now mostly mixed race couples and LGBT... all in my lifetime.

When I was a very small child... most all of my Grandmother's neighbors were all white families... as one group declines another increases.

Even way back in the 1930's... my father attended public school with all races... white, black, asian, hispanic and Native American... although white was the majority.

One only has to remember Oakland's rich manufacturing history and people flocking here from all corners looking for wartime work... plus the history of Pullman going way back.

Oakland had a Chevrolet Factory, huge General Electric facility, the Oakland Car Factory, home to Peterbilt Trucks, Home to Safeway Stores, Longs Drugs, Kaiser, President Lines, World Airways, etc...

Old 08-04-2016, 01:54 AM

977 posts, read 1,007,602 times
Quote:
Sacramento will be the most chocolate big city in CA per capita after the 2020 census.

The new houses in Antioch cost as much as the Oakland ghetto. Those are people selling houses in the ghetto and moving to an exurban ghetto with tract homes. And that was a thing of the late 90's. Since the great recession the number of loans to blacks has dwindled.

Even the two best players on the Warriors last season are not even real blacks. They are barely black.
Barely black? Lol anyways, why do they want to get rid of blacks from Oakland? Are the liberals behind it? I know this is odd but I've always felt like white liberals were somehow still somewhat racist. Not all but like half. It felt like they would just baby blacks, and act like they weren't capable of anything, so that's why I'm asking that. And aren't most CEOs liberal and most government officials liberal, I am under the impression they are so that's why I'm asking. And next could it be to make the area more profitable?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Barely black? Lol anyways, why do they want to get rid of blacks from Oakland? Are the liberals behind it? I know this is odd but I've always felt like white liberals were somehow still somewhat racist. Not all but like half. It felt like they would just baby blacks, and act like they weren't capable of anything, so that's why I'm asking that. And aren't most CEOs liberal and most government officials liberal, I am under the impression they are so that's why I'm asking. And next could it be to make the area more profitable?
You could say the same about conservatives. In fact, in my lifetime, I've heard more openly racist stuff about Blacks come from conservatives than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland