Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
The hills the only safe place? If you don't live in Oakland please don't comment on what you consider safe. All you do is perpetuate the fear tactics of the media.
EXACTLY.

People who dont know anything about Oakland really shouldnt comment about what living there is like. The Bay Area is full of people who think what they see from the BART train qualifies them as experts on Oakland. What a load of crap.

Anyway,
The area the OP is moving to(by Laney) is very quiet and uneventful for the most part. I own a duplex and a warehouse right by there and my tenants love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,288,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbenga View Post
excuse me who did you shoot that response to? i sure hope you were not talking to me. I'm from Oakland born and raised and in my 35 years the hills where considerably the safest place in Oakland. how could you even try and dispute that?
I don't believe you. If you were from Oakland you wouldn't say BS like the only safe place is the Oakland Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland