Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:59 PM

39 posts, read 56,047 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I grew up here in Silicon Valley but rent it TOO high! I have to move out in 8 days on November 1, 2016. Which makes it an emergency for me and my teenage child❤️.
with my little money (i have $1,600 total), what city do you suggest.
I work as an Administrative Assistant.

I can't imagine living somewhere with hurricanes and tornadoes. ���� Not too hot and I can't take cold or snow.

I no longer have a car, so hopefully a kind-of big city feel/Jobs, good Public Transportation is a must.

No Anal or passive aggressive people (like in the bay area), No hipsters please, sorry hipsters.

lol.

I like technology, music, food and meeting new people.

Which City Which City to call home???

Last edited by rockinmom; 10-24-2016 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM

1,156 posts, read 990,408 times
Why are you asking the same question in three different threads?

Old 10-24-2016, 06:21 PM

83 posts, read 92,913 times
I think this person is trolling. No hipsters but she loves technology?

Try the city that's best for your child, not you.

Last edited by Greenerpastures35; 10-24-2016 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 06:39 PM

I want to get fresh ideas from other people that might read this

Old 10-24-2016, 06:45 PM

Yeah I love technology.
Used to design websites from HTML many years ago.
But technology has changed a lot.

I probably have a different definition of what a hipster is.
Lol

Old 10-24-2016, 06:51 PM

83 posts, read 92,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmom View Post
Yeah I love technology.
Used to design websites from HTML many years ago.
But technology has changed a lot.

I probably have a different definition of what a hipster is.
Lol
I think you should head to Mexico then if you have to live by the coast with good weather. You can't afford to live in CA. Tijuana is a big city

Old 10-24-2016, 07:05 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,825,212 times
I recall you stated on one of the other threads that you found someone that would let you move in to their place for a period of time? If that is still the case, then perhaps that will give you enough time to save up a bit more money and research another area to live in. With the exception of the far north coast, anywhere near the coastal strip of CA is going to be expensive in terms of getting a roof over your head. If you can adjust to hot summers, that would could open up some other possibilities for you in CA

Old 10-24-2016, 09:15 PM

What I ask for is the same as my child as far as weather and type of city, etc. We talk about everything and are very close (heart emoji). We have similar likes in weather for example.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 PM

Hi tikkasf,

Thanks, I will know for sure in a day or two. yes it will be great if it works out, we'll have somewhere to go for Nov. and December. Waiting to hear back and confirm.

I am now thinking also of where to go? once these 2 months are up. So maybe we can try much more inland like you suggested as far as hot Summers.

I am sure it will all work out. thanks

Old 10-25-2016, 12:05 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,413,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmom View Post
I want to get fresh ideas from other people that might read this
The same people read this read the other ones you posted in, so I don't think you will find any better answers in this thread than in the others you have stated. The circumstances that you describe are quite dire and it seems that you have very limited options.

I suggested in one of the other threads that you look for a live in care giver job, most of them only ask that you be there for certain hours which would allow you to continue working while you save money. There are literally dozens of job openings on Craigslist, my guess is that with some diligence you can find someone who would provide you with a room for you and your child.

If you are going to be homeless in a few days I don't think this is the time to shop for the perfect place with the perfect climate, if you are telling us the truth, unless you act fast you and your child will be standing in line every night hoping you can get a bed in a homeless shelter

Live-in, Direct Support Professional Residential Level 4I

Caregiver for 94 YO Man

Caregiver's, CNA, HHA looking for work?

IMMEDIATE CAREGIVER jobs available

Private Live-in Caregiver $175 day

CAREGIVER FOR DISABLED ADULTS $1760-$2400 A MONTH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland