Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:15 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Was this not Donald Trump's voice? Man, someone must have great voice reconstruction software to fake this one...Donald Trump's Graphic Sex Talk Audio Leaked | TMZ.com
Haha, you've said way worse stuff in your life. Any straight male has. How many Americans died in Benghazi because of Trump liking *****? How many U.S state secrets were leaked to foreign governments because he liked *****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
OK, then why didn't the FBI press charges. Please, no conspiracy nonsense BS.
They haven't said anything about the Clinton Foundation investigation. It's still ongoing.

As for her private e-mail server investigation, why did Bill Clinton meet with AG Loretta Lynch right before the FBI was going to make an announcement about the investigation the first time?

Seems like Bill and the DOJ may have colluded to keep Hillary from being indicted, but maybe not. But it's weird that the husband of a woman under FBI investigation would meet with the attorney general of the United States...

Don't worry HockeyMac, you can stick your fingers in your ears and make loud noises to drown out the doubt, it won't help though.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:17 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
I am a urban liberal elite but when Pennsylvania,Michigan and Wisconsin (all went to Obama twice)fell, I started to wonder if maybe there are a lot of people from areas with obsolete industries ,without valuable educations or skills who are really hurting and feeling not represented.
Instead of a bunch of David duke supporters.
Time will tell

Old 11-09-2016, 06:31 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Weak. You're going to use the MSM made up fantasy that somehow Russia and Julian Assange are allies, holding hands, looking to bring down Hillary Clinton?

I'm guessing you're one of those guys who read all the sordid **** Hillary engaged in, and immediately said, "OMG, who stole these e-mails!" rather than address the actual content of those e-mails.

Like I said, weak and intellectually dishonest.
I was looking at this well before any of the DNC business. But in point of fact, yes, the GRU tried to interfere with our election. They want us out of NATO and / or to break up NATO. They viewed Trump in a favorable light due to his overt Putin bromance combined with the somewhat surprising move to the Right of the current administration and seemingly Clinton, vis a vis foreign policy. So clearly, the Kremlin favored Trump. Trump the Quisling.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:40 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
I am a urban liberal elite but when Pennsylvania,Michigan and Wisconsin (all went to Obama twice)fell, I started to wonder if maybe there are a lot of people from areas with obsolete industries ,without valuable educations or skills who are really hurting and feeling not represented.
Time will tell
In those more northern states it was a mixture of angry, formerly good paid workers, and, white nationalists. In other parts of the country the balance tilts more toward white nationalists.

White nationalist is essentially a euphemism for neo-Nazi.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Haha, you've said way worse stuff in your life. Any straight male has.
I have never said any of that stuff before. Sorry. You have problems if you have. And I played collegiate ice hockey, so I understand "locker room talk".

Quote:
How many Americans died in Benghazi because of Trump liking *****? How many U.S state secrets were leaked to foreign governments because he liked *****?
Changing topics, I see. Deflection. Two wrongs make a right?

If something criminal happened with Benghazi, the truth will come out.

Quote:
They haven't said anything about the Clinton Foundation investigation. It's still ongoing.

As for her private e-mail server investigation, why did Bill Clinton meet with AG Loretta Lynch right before the FBI was going to make an announcement about the investigation the first time?

Seems like Bill and the DOJ may have colluded to keep Hillary from being indicted, but maybe not. But it's weird that the husband of a woman under FBI investigation would meet with the attorney general of the United States...

Don't worry HockeyMac, you can stick your fingers in your ears and make loud noises to drown out the doubt, it won't help though.
Yeah, we'll see what happens. I'll let the experts do their investigation. Like I said above, if something criminal occurred, then it'll come out. And we know the FBI does not harbor great feelings for her ('The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaking, sources say), so one would think they'd want to find something to nail her with...

Now that Trump is president, though, please don't be surprised when his scandals are similarly swept under the rug (I mean, just look how quickly his confession of sexual assault was essentially just swept to the aside as if it never happened). Like he is any different than the Clintons at the end of the day (he used to be pretty cozy with them and was a supporter of them, after all). The great con.

You, like most of Americans it seems, have just eaten it up. "I'm different...I'm just like you" (said as he pulls out of his mouth his silver spoon). The guy's history is full of sketchy practices and failed business ventures - and this is who is going to be running the country.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 11-09-2016 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Time will tell
That's exactly who won the election for Trump. The problem is that Trump is not going to do what they think he's going to do. No president or government can. The forces of automation (less people for same work), globalization (more competition to do the same work...less pay for each worker), and the refusal of most consumers to pay the true costs of American-made goods will prevent this from ever happening.

And what business person would willingly move their production back to the US? When they can make things elsewhere for 1/10th the cost? Even Trump doesn't even make his goods here! The guy is a freaking phony, and people are eating up his false promises.

The only path forward for this country is thinking towards the future - we shouldn't be trying to bring back manufacturing jobs that are never going to come back. We should be trying to re-invent ourselves by investing in education/retraining in these depressed areas. And repurposing old manufacturing infrastructure towards modern industries that will sustain our country in the future.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM

83 posts, read 92,739 times
I am not a big Hillary fan but I think a lot of this boiled down to the fact that this country is just not ready to have a female president. If the Democrats had a male candidate, I think there would have been a much different outcome. Instead we choose to elect an arragant entitled racist womanizer and his supermodel wife for the First Lady. We took a huge step forward 8 years ago by electing the country's first president of color, but got thrown 20 steps backward today. Majority of our country's CEOs and politicians are men. So why would the world's biggest superpower vote a woman as its president?

But all this aside I think Trump is a loose cannon who is completely insane and I am scared for the future of this country. The good ole cowboy George W. Bush is a saint compared to this backwards tyrant.

Last edited by Greenerpastures35; 11-09-2016 at 07:04 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:58 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
America got exactly what it asked for: a highly "entertaining" election cycle with the outrageous guy coming out of nowhere to win it at the very last hour. It's the reality TV version of politics that people couldn't get enough of.

I hope they enjoy the fallout from their choice, considering the man they picked has zero political experience, a history of financial blunders and bankruptcies (still waiting on those tax returns btw), narcissistic personality disorder, a huge inferiority complex, a short temper, and the people he's choosing to surround himself with are GOP big shots who are the exact opposite of what he promised to deliver to America. The republicans better act fast and try to pass all of that crazy stuff he promised to the people, or we will see congress and the senate flip bright blue come 2018.

Last night was a huge wake up call for me over how many miserable people there are across the country looking to blame the government for all of their problems. Some of it is absolutely justified, while a lot of it was just brought to light because the guy they knew from TV promised them a return to the good ole days.

Since I was clearly so wrong in my predictions of what would happen, I guess I'll just watch and see if America burns to the ground as quickly as I think it will. I hope I'm wrong again.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:03 PM

83 posts, read 92,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
America got exactly what it asked for: a highly "entertaining" election cycle with the outrageous guy coming out of nowhere to win it at the very last hour. It's the reality TV version of politics that people couldn't get enough of.

I hope they enjoy the fallout from their choice, considering the man they picked has zero political experience, a history of financial blunders and bankruptcies (still waiting on those tax returns btw), narcissistic personality disorder, a huge inferiority complex, a short temper, and the people he's choosing to surround himself with are GOP big shots who are the exact opposite of what he promised to deliver to America. The republicans better act fast and try to pass all of that crazy stuff he promised to the people, or we will see congress and the senate flip bright blue come 2018.

Last night was a huge wake up call for me over how many miserable people there are across the country looking to blame the government for all of their problems. Some of it is absolutely justified, while a lot of it was just brought to light because the guy they knew from TV promised them a return to the good ole days.

Since I was clearly so wrong in my predictions of what would happen, I guess I'll just watch and see if America burns to the ground as quickly as I think it will. I hope I'm wrong again.
So true. Sort of reminds me of CA electing Arnold for the governator. He really mucked things up for the state.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM

143 posts, read 217,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The city is so quiet tonight. In Wholefoods tonight, we noticed everyone had their eyes down , not looking very happy at all.

I felt like the solitary Trump supporter among the masses. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but disdain for Trump.

We just opened a celebratory bottle of Chateau Lynch-Bages for tonight and will sleep a little later.

How about you , did you secretly vote for Trump , or always felt Hillary had your vote not matter what
I'm not from California, but I live in Indiana and work in Illinois, and honestly in the whole Chicagoland area (NW Indiana included) I feel like I am the only Trump supporter in a sea of Democrats. But honestly, I just think that many people are just closeted Trump supporters, too afraid to tell others who they're voting for for fear of being labeled sexist or racist. And honestly I don't even like Trump, I just hate Hillary so much more and would vote for anyone before I would vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland