Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 03:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Oh major yawn....

The corrupt Hillary Clinton did indeed sign an oath acknowledging that she had an obligation to recognize and protect state secrets on the basis of the sensitive nature of the information contained in them — whether they bore classified warnings or markings or not.

Are you also not familiar with the records act?!
(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Seriously this is like a layup in basketball (why do you waste my time with your ridiculous retorts?). As the other poster that worked for a technology company implied, this is pretty commonplace. I also had to sign such an oath when I started working for my company How someone couldn't know that most companies (not just the government) have such agreements is beyond me. But oh snap, I just tell so many lies, lol
Except for the inconvenient fact that the FBI looked into it twice(!) and found nothing, you may have a case.

But I reckon you are just going to go with this lie. No among of truth is going to sway you.

Quote:

Uh no, it's not patently untrue. And don't give me the nonsense that several more will be let go when they clean house, ROTFLMAO!!! When they clean house?! WTF are they waiting for? The house should have been cleaned the next day when every one of those emails were traced back to each specific person involved...period! Duh! But I'm sure Julian Assange is having a good laugh at how he helped to take Ms. Clinton down, even if Sanders is such a puss that he just took it and sold his supporters out. Albeit he was effective at painting her as the candidate of Wall Street and Big Banks, so he should also take some credit for her destruction (good job Bernie).
WTF are you talking about?? Several people already resigned!! You have a way of talking as if facts don't exist.

Quote:

Getting special accessibility to the Secretary of State through the use of donations is indeed a favor. And one would have to be pretty naive to assume those meetings involved a tea time with Ms. Clinton and nothing more. But do continue to keep blinders on.

Of course, the bottom line on all of this is the majority of the population of the battleground states understand these violations and voted accordingly. I'm still amazed the Democrats would run the corrupt Ms. Clinton as their candidate (the one person that is more hated than Trump outside of the bubble known as the Bay Area). So Ms. Clinton will be put out to pasture, never to take public office again and Donald Trump is the President. So sad, too bad. This is what happens when you lie. And although her Democratic base is fine in giving her a pass, those voters were not. Good for them.
In other words, "I have nothing!! It looks bad so I'm just going to assume the worse!"

You strike me as the kind of guy who sees your wife talking to your guy neighbor and automatically assumes they are having an affair.

Quote:
Please continue to highlight all my "lies". Admittedly, I think Playdoh, therapy dogs, and a counselor would be a better way to go. This can't be very therapeutic.
I will be glad to follow your advice and continue to highlight your lies until such time that you go away, admit you're lying, or start posting the truth. Sounds fair to you?

Old 11-22-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
People on both the left and right lie when it suits them. Plus there are a lot of promises made that don't always turn into reality. I'm not sure if I would call that stupidity or carelessness.

Hmm.... no.

Studies have found that the right-wing lies twice as much as the liberals.

Treating them as equal is like treating Michael Phelps' weed smoking the same as Amy Winehouse's drug habit.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hmm.... no.

Studies have found that the right-wing lies twice as much as the liberals.

Treating them as equal is like treating Michael Phelps' weed smoking the same as Amy Winehouse's drug habit.
You bring up an interesting point:

How Voters Become Misinformed: An Investigation of the Emergence and Consequences of False Factual Beliefs - Reedy - 2014 - Social Science Quarterly - Wiley Online Library

False facts and the conservative distortion machine: It’s much more than just Fox News - Salon.com

PunditFact: Fox News wins battle for most-false cable network - AMERICAblog News

FOX's file: | PunditFact

And my favorite, from this recent election cycle:
Hyperpartisan Facebook Pages Are Publishing False And Misleading Information At An Alarming Rate

It's kind of an embarrassing conclusion what this says about our culture:
Quote:
While the majority of the posts we rated from the partisan pages were mostly true, the mostly true posts typically did not perform as well as ones that were mostly false, were a mixture of true and false, or had no factual content. The more overtly partisan, misleading, or opinion-driven a post was, the more engagement the post would see, according to our data. Facebook, and the people using it, appears to reward the worst tendencies of these pages.

For example, Occupy Democrats saw a median of 7,755 shares for its mostly true posts, whereas all other post types received a median of 13,330 shares. Right Wing News — the largest right-wing page, at 3.3 million fans — received a median of 91 shares on its mostly true posts, and its other posts had a median of 568 shares.

The mainstream political news pages we analyzed received a fraction of the engagement of the partisan pages. CNN Politics was the largest mainstream page we analyzed, with more than 1.8 million fans. It had a median of 50 shares per post during the period we analyzed, the highest number for any mainstream page.

This Analysis Shows How Fake Election News Stories Outperformed Real News On Facebook

I love this recent narrative that "MSM" (now this is a thing now...) "lies about everything".

For people that believe this - please, show us where. Please do an analysis that demonstrates this.

Honestly - this just sums up this thinking to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhJWusyj4I

To me, this is utter insanity. Our echo chamber bubbles are really bad - and are only getting worse. People just want to be told things that validate things they already think are true. We are devolving into idiocracy. And politicians know this - and are exploiting it.

This is the depressing new normal.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:59 PM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Except for the inconvenient fact that the FBI looked into it twice(!) and found nothing, you may have a case.

But I reckon you are just going to go with this lie. No among of truth is going to sway you.

WTF are you talking about?? Several people already resigned!! You have a way of talking as if facts don't exist.

In other words, "I have nothing!! It looks bad so I'm just going to assume the worse!"

You strike me as the kind of guy who sees your wife talking to your guy neighbor and automatically assumes they are having an affair.

I will be glad to follow your advice and continue to highlight your lies until such time that you go away, admit you're lying, or start posting the truth. Sounds fair to you?
Yawn, now you're just boring me. You've got nothing but do keep your blinders on.

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/upl...C-SCI-NDA1.pdf

And you clearly have no idea what the records act is, but no problem.

Must be tough having your bubble pierced. Again, maybe try some therapy dogs.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Your assumption is that I voted for Hillary? You would be wrong. I'm an Independent, too (and proud of it). But I certainly saw through the crap that Donald Trump was using in his campaign. So many vague and unrealistic "promises".

How convenient you, again, turn the tables to not talk about the con artist that will be running the country. Instead you want to talk about a lady whose political career is over. Why do you still care? Let's talk about what matters - as in Donald Trump.
Hard not to think that when all you do is use the same boring tactic of Liberals. I don't care what you're classification is, you're clearly Liberal.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:09 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Hard not to think that when all you do is use the same boring tactic of Liberals. I don't care what you're classification is, you're clearly Liberal.
Very much a liberal (is this a slur that I should be offended by?). Very much independent. Did I say anything that's contradicted these two points?

I don't blindly fall behind any single party and have the mental capacity to think for myself. I even voted for a few Republicans this round of the election (gasp!).

Why does this matter again? Do you actually have anything to say on the topics that have been raised? Or do you just want to name call and deflect?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
I guess it's unreasonable to expect that we debate the topic instead of name calling? I know, it's the internet.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yawn, now you're just boring me. You've got nothing but do keep your blinders on.

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/upl...C-SCI-NDA1.pdf

And you clearly have no idea what the records act is, but no problem.

Must be tough having your bubble pierced. Again, maybe try some therapy dogs.

WTF does it matter if I do or do not know the Record Act?! The FBI certainly does and they found nothing on Hillary. In fact, the FBI's conclusion that Hillary did not have the intent to hide her emails directly contradicts what you said. But like I said, you don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Introducing irrelevant things and pretending to be indifferent is a common behavior of someone who got caught telling lies.

I find it ironic that someone whose screen name is independentthinking does nothing but repeat lies told on right-wing blogs. Who is really thinking for you here?

I don't know how you pierce a bubble or what therapy dogs have anything to do with it, but I guess that's independent thinking.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I guess it's unreasonable to expect that we debate the topic instead of name calling? I know, it's the internet.
The salient point here is not so much the internet, but rather it's San Francisco. Home of the laughably "tolerant" Liberal elitists. The vast majority are arrogant, selfish, and close minded to any viewpoint other than their own. Cross them and they are the most unforgiving group you will ever meet. With that said, no, it's impossible to have a civil conversation here. And I've lived here far longer than most so I can speak from first hand experience. But I'm sure some transplants that have just entered the area will want to debate it with their limited experience on how this area is. If you doubt me, go ahead and make sure everyone in your neighborhood and workplace know you believe in some Conservative principles and see how fast you become a hermit and are treated like you have leprosy. The most socially expensive thing you can do is not agree with their viewpoints and narrative.

So why do I live here...

1) I can afford to and I have friends that aren't insanely far left

and

2) Most people choose not to engage someone who is neutral. It's much harder to debate when you actually have to defend your side instead of vilify the opponent. A trait so common with the people in this area.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:07 PM

136 posts, read 196,919 times
I'm pleased to see Trump backpedaling. I'm going to invent a new bicycle for him. It runs backwards and steers to the left.

He ran the campaign of an all-out ignorant bigot, but he knows he can't govern that way. I'm starting to feel hopeful. This is someone from New York, not some backwater region. He used to be a Democrat and he's not beholden to the Republican Party whose leadership shunned him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland