Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:30 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,434,721 times

Advertisements

What Bay Area Cities did Trump do the Best in?

I can only find County date not city data. I think in SF it was as low as 10%. His best county was Contra Costa but still low at around 25%. Rich Republicans types aren't crazy about him but I'm sure there are a lot of tech workers angry about the H1B program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 10:15 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,993,304 times
Contra Costa. But only because of 925ers.

People in west CoCo were not pro Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:50 AM

20 posts, read 30,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
What Bay Area Cities did Trump do the Best in?

I can only find County date not city data. I think in SF it was as low as 10%. His best county was Contra Costa but still low at around 25%. Rich Republicans types aren't crazy about him but I'm sure there are a lot of tech workers angry about the H1B program.
Lol, tech workers angry about H1B program in Bay Area? I mean, the industry where the first question recruiters ask is whether you're American and treat you favorably if you are? The same industry where managers are all Americans and the workers are H1B workers because there are simply too. much. demand?

I get that tech workers from other parts of the country may be angry at H1B program, but for the Bay Area American tech worker, H1B program essentially creates a second class of workers who're tied to the company with limited career advancement potential.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

Are you talking more about working class whites or Country Club Republicans. The latter is not to enthusiastic about Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedoor View Post
Lol, tech workers angry about H1B program in Bay Area? I mean, the industry where the first question recruiters ask is whether you're American and treat you favorably if you are? The same industry where managers are all Americans and the workers are H1B workers because there are simply too. much. demand?

I get that tech workers from other parts of the country may be angry at H1B program, but for the Bay Area American tech worker, H1B program essentially creates a second class of workers who're tied to the company with limited career advancement potential.
I was referring to the rank and file workers who compete with them, not the elites.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:06 PM

20 posts, read 30,471 times
We may be talking about different things then. I was referring to regular software/hardware engineers and not just the folks at Google/Apple/Facebook etc. How do you define rank and file tech workers?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Are you talking more about working class whites or Country Club Republicans. The latter is not to enthusiastic about Trump.
A mix of both. The entire Trump vote didn't just come from Brentwood.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:35 PM

522 posts, read 732,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

As someone who lives in the 925, most people I've spoken to are very upset about Trump. There have been high school walkouts in Concord and Pittsburg. You have to remember the 925 has just as many working class communities as they do Walnut Creeks and Danvilles.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedTherapy View Post
As someone who lives in the 925, most people I've spoken to are very upset about Trump. There have been high school walkouts in Concord and Pittsburg. You have to remember the 925 has just as many working class communities as they do Walnut Creeks and Danvilles.
Yea but Pittsburg and Concord high schools are filled with ghetto people, many of whom will be pregnant or on food stamps in the next 4 years. So it stands to reason that they are mad. They probably had walkouts for Bush too. They will find any reason to walk out and not be in school. It's Concord and Pittsburg, LoL.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,102,543 times
In fairness, Pittsburg is the worst of the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland