Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:26 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,411,211 times

Advertisements

The Stark Truth: Interview with Yeh Ling-Ling - The Stark Truth With Robert Stark

Yeh Ling-Ling, a naturalized citizen born in Vietnam of Chinese parents, is the executive director of Alliance for a Sustainable USA.

How Yeh became aware of problems with mass immigration, and started her activism with fighting housing development in Orinda, California;
The case for an immigration moratorium;
The hypocrisy of Israel’s and Mexico’s immigration policies;
Nationalist vs. globalism ideology and foreign influence;
China’s population and immigration policies;
The barrier between the conservationist and immigration restriction movements;
Myths about immigrants, suburbs and consumption;
Population projections and problems caused by overpopulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 PM

https://vault.sierraclub.org/sierra/...immigrants.asp

"While fighting a massive development project in Orinda, a bedroom community to which her family moved in 1990, Yeh began to focus on the environmental consequences of unchecked growth. "I love open space. I love nature," says Yeh, who uses her original name in her work with the Diversity Alliance. "But one day it dawned on me: If we keep adding immigrants, they've got to live somewhere." She continues, "Even the poor ones are using more resources here than in their native lands. Go to Costco. Look at those immigrants. What are they buying? Boom boxes, hi-fis, televisions. They drive SUVs. Did they have those goods in their home countries? I doubt it."

Old 12-29-2016, 07:32 PM

702 posts, read 947,983 times
Thanks for digging up and spreading some ignorant crap from 2011.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:17 PM

Yeh Ling-Ling – East Bay Times

Old 12-29-2016, 10:30 PM

958 posts, read 1,137,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
The show I linked to is with an environmentalist who is an Asian immigrant not a Neo-Nazi. Right Wingers are anti-environment. They want to let corporations loot the environment off all natural resources. Privatize the National Parks and State Parks.
Exactly. You support yockeyist third position fascist groups. You can sound as lefty greenie as it takes to get support. Bottomline: get the jews. "The jewish capitalist has created sprawl and bad public transit and inefficient city planning that oppresses asians, trans, and people of color." They call it the "alt left". No joke. You know what it is as you are a nazi liar.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:31 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,974,931 times
It boggles my mind how people from somewhere other than California:

Move to the bay, decide it's too crowded, and that no one new should be able to move there or build.

It's that whole transplant "I got mine, keep out" mentality that really has ruined the bay in the last 20 years.

I mean I could see if she lived in Brentwood and thought it would stay a farm town. But they don't build too much in Orinda. It's 2016 not 1966.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

Move to the bay, decide it's too crowded, and that no one new should be able to move there or build.

It's that whole transplant "I got mine, keep out" mentality that really has ruined the bay in the last 20 years.

I mean I could see if she lived in Brentwood and thought it would stay a farm town. But they don't build too much in Orinda. It's 2016 not 1966.
She's not a transplant from another part of the US, she immigrated to the US from Taiwan in 1980. In the interview she said the development she opposed was defeated. I don't think Orinda is as overdeveloped as other parts of the Bay Area, but some areas that are the most pro-immigration such as the Silicon Valley are wall to wall suburbia. I think Yeh is in Idaho now, but I can understand since the Bay Area's housing cost are so high.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Exactly. You support yockeyist third position fascist groups. You can sound as lefty greenie as it takes to get support. Bottomline: get the jews. "The jewish capitalist has created sprawl and bad public transit and inefficient city planning that oppresses asians, trans, and people of color." They call it the "alt left". No joke. You know what it is as you are a nazi liar.
Sounds very anti-semitic.

"It was America, and a "nice Jewish fellow" she met on a Sierra Club hike in Northern California's Redwood State Park, that ended her nomadic life. Yeh Ling-Ling became Suzanne Feinberg, and for 10 years-with time off to have a son, now 18-she worked as a paralegal at firms specializing in immigration law. She helped new arrivals get whatever they required to stay in their adopted homeland."

Old 12-31-2016, 03:02 AM

30,855 posts, read 36,742,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

Agreed. But in all fairness, it isn't just the transplants with the "I got mine" mentality.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:57 AM

958 posts, read 1,137,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Sounds very anti-semitic.

"It was America, and a "nice Jewish fellow" she met on a Sierra Club hike in Northern California's Redwood State Park, that ended her nomadic life. Yeh Ling-Ling became Suzanne Feinberg, and for 10 years-with time off to have a son, now 18-she worked as a paralegal at firms specializing in immigration law. She helped new arrivals get whatever they required to stay in their adopted homeland."

I wasnt talking about her, i was talking about YOU and the third positon fascist/holocaust denier websites you link to. One of them includes a guy named "david cole the holocaust denying jew" among other clowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland