Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 AM

10 posts, read 42,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
Here's a link to trails and paths in Pleasanton...

City of Pleasanton - Parks and Trails

Scroll down to the section marked "Trails and Bike Path maps".
HTH!
Thank you, that is great. I have been looking at the Pleasanton website all the time but forgot it would have all that stuff too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM

22 posts, read 248,080 times
I'm glad you found us helpful!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,110,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelintime View Post
If not the downtown area, since it's still not a very large city, what other areas in Pleasanton do you recommend? Not concerned about being near schools, just would like to do more walking. Thanks.
I lived on Bernal and I know that on Sunol Blvd/1st and Main St. it gets loud with bikers on the weekends. They rev up n down being the weekend harley drivers that they are.

Foothill Rd. is very quite from what I recall. Vineyard area. It all has good walking paths along 680 and such.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,012 times
Default Getting to and from San Jose airport

Hi,
Hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm a forum (of any kind), virgin.

Does anybody have suggestions for public or private and relatively inexpensive transportation to and from SJO? I want to be able to fly in and out on Frontier and they don't use OAK. (Based in Pleasanton, by the way)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by dtrev; 09-17-2008 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM

226 posts, read 1,123,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrev View Post
Hi,
Hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm a forum (of any kind), virgin.

Does anybody have suggestions for public or private and relatively inexpensive transportation to and from SJO? I want to be able to fly in and out on Frontier and they don't use OAK. (Based in Pleasanton, by the way)

Thanks for any help!
ACE Trains can probably get you close to the San Jose Airport, but you would still have to walk.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 7,723 times
Default bicyle friendly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
The whole city seems pretty bicycle friendly- even the downtown area. I know that on Saturday mornings a huge crowd of cyclists gather near downtown for a weekly scheduled ride. As for the trains- you get used to hearing the horn in the distance. I've heard that the city will be modifying the intersections so the conductors will not have to blow the horns at every crossing (a federal law I think). Try For Rent Houses, Townhouses, Condominiums, Duplexes Tri-Valley East Bay Call 925-462-1101 for rentals near downtown- I've seen a few signs for this property management company- they might have something you'd be interested in. As for other areas, "Birdland" seems close enough to downtown (street names have bird names). I'm not sure about other areas in Pleasanton, it's REALLY spread out in my opinion. There's probably more by the way of nicer apartment complexes near "Stoneridge Mall". Other areas nearby is "Vintage Hills" and "Pleasanton hills"- mostly single family homes, I think. Definitely more happening in the downtown area, however.
------

Pleasanton has a lot of downtown traffic and it is not safe to ride a bike, and there are no bike path in the downtown area that I have seen. The downtown street is narrow and there are just too many cars as this one little street is basically where all the action is. I hardly see bicyles going through the area though it has a bicycle shop. You have to go outside of the area to bike. There are some special bike trails but not a lot. It is not a bike friendly city. There is no such thing in the bay area cities! Even Palo Alto, with bike path, you will see very few people biking as the traffic is just too heavy. The biking in the bay area is safer for groups that bike together and so one is very aware of a group of people whereas it is easier to "miss" one biker and hit him.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbayareawoman View Post
------

Pleasanton has a lot of downtown traffic and it is not safe to ride a bike, and there are no bike path in the downtown area that I have seen. The downtown street is narrow and there are just too many cars as this one little street is basically where all the action is. I hardly see bicyles going through the area though it has a bicycle shop. You have to go outside of the area to bike. There are some special bike trails but not a lot. It is not a bike friendly city. There is no such thing in the bay area cities! Even Palo Alto, with bike path, you will see very few people biking as the traffic is just too heavy. The biking in the bay area is safer for groups that bike together and so one is very aware of a group of people whereas it is easier to "miss" one biker and hit him.
Please read the dates of these threads prior to posting. This is from three years ago and has already been discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland