Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 AM

5 posts, read 20,289 times

Advertisements

Well,I'm a 23 year straight Hispanic male who wants to move the bay area with my friend/roommate we currently live in the Oklahoma and have been dying to move out of this horrible boring suppressed state for a long time.I grew up in San Francisco in the late 80's/early 90's,So I have no problems with the common stereotypical views of the city.

But I'm kinda of worried on the cost of living compared
to Oklahoma,It is **possible** my roommate will be working for his uncles company and will be making around $100K+ a year so I know that will make a BIG difference in where we can live.

We were thinking of moving around late summer/fall.

Questions are:
Student job market ?
Dating scene ?
Single straight Women to male ratio ???
Good safe area to rent 2 bedroom near muni/Bart ?? around $1600 a month ??? My first thought was Daly city ?
Good jobs for someone in my position,I have experience with sales,Internet commerce and automotive parts ?

Any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 PM

5 posts, read 20,289 times
Anyone

Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,491,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCity84 View Post
Well,I'm a 23 year straight Hispanic male who wants to move the bay area with my friend/roommate we currently live in the Oklahoma and have been dying to move out of this horrible boring suppressed state for a long time.I grew up in San Francisco in the late 80's/early 90's,So I have no problems with the common stereotypical views of the city.

But I'm kinda of worried on the cost of living compared
to Oklahoma,It is **possible** my roommate will be working for his uncles company and will be making around $100K+ a year so I know that will make a BIG difference in where we can live.

Questions are:
Student job market ?
Dating scene ?
Single straight Women to male ratio ???
Good safe area to rent 2 bedroom near muni/Bart ?? around $1600 a month ??? My first thought was Daly city ?
Good jobs for someone in my position,I have experience with sales,Internet commerce and automotive parts ?

Any help would be appreciated
I'm a Afro-American Tulsan-California Transplant 55 years young , I lived in Tulsa 1954-1976 and 1988-1990.California is always going to be the most expensive place to live , or maybe the second most expensive place after Connecticut there's no way around it, but with your room-mate making
$100,000 a year you should be able to make out pretty well. The job market in the Greater Bay Area ,well is can be flying high one minute then crash the next.....But San Francisco Is THE MOST AFFLUENT U.S.A. CITY AS FAR AS
INCOME GOES..so I guess that's pretty much motivational for seeking employment out here if you can handle it and get and hold on to it....Next Answer The San Francico..San Jose..Oakland BAy Area is 7,000,000 people plus and they have dating services out here check them out...Next question You realize that BART runs all the way to the San Francisco Airport now...
get a apartment or Condo anywhere along the Line...However the safest area for you to live IS PROBABLY ACROSS THE GOLDEN STATE BRIDGE over in Marin County (Somona County) Marin County has the second Largest Community of Latino's after The Mission District In San Francisco in Northern California, but from Marin County You Are Going To Have To Ride The Ferries
or the Busses into the city proper.

Your main mistake concerning being bored in OKC is this , you have to Mentally consider Tulsa and OKC as one Urban Destination traveling from one to the other in order to avoid that dreaded Oklahoma Trap Of Bordoom , between the two cities there are endless THINGS TO DO AND SEE....did you know that Tulsa Has A White Water River Park..Brookside....Cherry Street...
Rivers Park..A Resturant On The Top Floor Of A 60 Story Building The
City-Plex's..What we in Tulsa Call Tulsa Mountains..The Bank Of Oklahoma Arena opening.....8/2008....The Blue Dome District...Utica Square Area.etc.
I'm currently living in the NORTH BAY AREA Vallejo CA and I'm The TYPE Of Person That's Going To Have Fun Anywhere In America , well maybe just a Little Bit Of FUN anyways.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 PM

341 posts, read 900,128 times

Questions are:
Student job market ? Work in a coffee shop, a lot of students do that.
Dating scene ? Plenty of girls. No problem on this matter.
Single straight Women to male ratio ??? What does it matter?
Good safe area to rent 2 bedroom near muni/Bart ?? around $1600 a month ??? My first thought was Daly city ? Why Daly City when you have San Francisco? Look into the Outter Richmond District. And for heaven's sake stay out of Pacifica!!!
Good jobs for someone in my position,I have experience with sales,Internet commerce and automotive parts ? Craigslist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland