Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,296,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
lol the same can be said to you.

We all know you like Oakland, therefore using your own argument, should you never express your opinion on Oakland again?

Do you see how silly you sound? However, by all means, I'll take you up on your suggestion if you are serious. If you never say another good thing about Oakland, then I will never say another bad thing about Oakland.

If not, then stop being a hypocrite feeling entitled to continue saying your same opinion, while trying to block mine simply because we disagree lol.
Duely noted, anything else?

Just let us all know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Furthermore I actually post based on personal knowledge and a lifetime of experience.

You telling me about Oakland is like me trying to outsmart you on knowledge of your parents and siblings.

It will NEVER be the same.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM

24,351 posts, read 26,808,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Furthermore I actually post based on personal knowledge and a lifetime of experience.

You telling me about Oakland is like me trying to outsmart you on knowledge of your parents and siblings.

It will NEVER be the same.
Sorry that's not how it works lol. I've been to Downtown Oakland enough times to have an opinion. I'm sorry, but unless there is a magical portal that I'm missing that will take me to another dimension, I could spend 50 years living in current downtown Oakland and it wouldn't change my opinion. It's a dump compared to downtown San Francisco and an eye sore compared to downtown San Jose. That's my personal opinion

Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry that's not how it works lol. I've been to Downtown Oakland enough times to have an opinion. I'm sorry, but unless there is a magical portal that I'm missing that will take me to another dimension, I could spend 50 years living in current downtown Oakland and it wouldn't change my opinion. It's a dump compared to downtown San Francisco and an eye sore compared to downtown San Jose. That's my personal opinion
Hahaha and you are entitled to your 'opinion', even if it's ignorant, u are free to feel that way, but you seem to have a stick up your rear end because lots of folks actually like downtown Oakland, a lot in fact.

Why does that upset u so? Just wondering?

Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Hahaha and you are entitled to your 'opinion', even if it's ignorant, u are free to feel that way, but you seem to have a stick up your rear end because lots of folks actually like downtown Oakland, a lot in fact.

Why does that upset u so? Just wondering?
When have I shown any signs of being upset to anyone? I've actually thrown a lot of humor into my posts. You should reread the thread to see who is really getting worked up, angry, bitter etc and honestly if the Oakland cheerleaders didn't reply to every single post of mine, I wouldn't have to repeat myself so many times. Just some advice lol.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
When have I shown any signs of being upset to anyone? I've actually thrown a lot of humor into my posts. You should reread the thread to see who is really getting worked up, angry, bitter etc and honestly if the Oakland cheerleaders didn't reply to every single post of mine, I wouldn't have to repeat myself so many times. Just some advice lol.
Haha no, accusing people of being 'obsessed' with you is really a sign that maybe your taking this all a little *too* seriously. ijs.

Posting rude comments and then pretending to be a victim when you get the very responses those rude posts and memes attempt to elicit--this sort of trolling is played out.

Why dont you go out and 'enjoy' the humidity? This thread isnt that serious.

lol

Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Haha no, accusing people of being 'obsessed' with you is really a sign that maybe your taking this all a little *too* seriously. ijs.

Posting rude comments and then pretending to be a victim when you get the very responses those rude posts and memes attempt to elicit--this sort of trolling is played out.

Why dont you go out and 'enjoy' the humidity? This thread isnt that serious.

lol
Hey, I call it when I see it. There seems to be an obessession about me, but I'm flattered lol. And no those aren't rude comments, they are jokes, lighten up. I work from home, so this thread has become a bit entertaining to me. I am enjoying the weather though, thank you for the kind words, sunny 75 degrees (wish it was warmer though), slight breeze, working from my computer while laying outside by my pool overlooking a crystal clear lake, palm trees swaying back and forth. I can't ask for a nicer work environment, plus I always enjoy our little debates.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hey, I call it when I see it.
Yep and surprise! So does everyone else.

Quote:
I work from home, so this thread has become a bit entertaining to me. I am enjoying the weather though, thank you for the kind words, sunny 75 degrees (wish it was warmer though), slight breeze, working from my computer while laying outside by my pool overlooking a crystal clear lake, palm trees swaying back and forth.
Im not old enough to want to live in a perpetual state of vacation yet. Maybe in 15 years but at this point in my life I think Id get bored really fast.

Coincidentally, Im looking to leave my current position in Palo Alto and start my own firm in Downtown Oakland.

Cant wait.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yep and surprise! So does everyone else.

Im not old enough to want to live in a perpetual state of vacation yet. Maybe in 15 years but at this point in my life I think Id get bored really fast.

Coincidentally, Im looking to leave my current position in Palo Alto and start my own firm in Downtown Oakland.

Cant wait.
I'm only 29 years old, far from retirement, but my lifestyle is much more active here because I love water sports. Do you commute from Oakland to Palo Alto? Or did you move to Palo Alto? Palo Alto is nice, but too bland for my taste, so i understand.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I'm only 29 years old, far from retirement, but my lifestyle is much more active here because I love water sports.
That makes sense then...what I admire most about areas away from here is how much more u get for your money.

I was recently part of a homebuyimg transaction in suburban Atlanta---not for me tho--well anyway the $350,000 price would be about 8 times higher here.

I kept thinking "that is so unfair."

LOK

Quote:
Do you commute from Oakland to Palo Alto? Or did you move to Palo Alto? Palo Alto is nice, but too bland for my taste, so i understand.
Yeah...this has been a longterm goal I keep putting to the side. We'll see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland