Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I was actually speaking to your fixation with race from many of your previous posts (as also noted by "independenthinker") rather than how often you post.
Switch to personal attacks and don't address the topic lol

Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
I worked in retail in downtown SF and I saw atleast two things rarely seen in Oakland at least a couple times a day.

AM/WF couples
WM/BW couples

In addition to the usually seen BM/WF or AW/WM couples.

In Oakland 99% of couples you'll see are same race. I'll post a few pics here to prove it sand show those who are interested I'm not blowing smoke lol.
The bolded are mainly in Berkeley. There's a big Tibetan community in Berkeley, among other Asians. That's one place you see those couples.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:30 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I don't go around looking to see what color mixes couples are.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
I worked in retail in downtown SF and I saw atleast two things rarely seen in Oakland at least a couple times a day.

AM/WF couples
WM/BW couples

In Oakland 99% of couples you'll see are same race. I'll post a few pics here to prove it sand show those who are interested I'm not blowing smoke lol.
Hmm. I don't experience that at all. I see WM/BW couples quite often in Oakland, but not in SF. I see few AM/WW couples anywhere but I know some. You must be in the wrong places. I also see a lot of BW with kids that are probably fathered by WM out and about.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:50 PM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
I was actually speaking to your fixation with race from many of your previous posts (as also noted by "independenthinker") rather than how often you post.
You'll also notice that the majority of them were locked by moderators. He's obviously got a history of race baiting.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:27 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,213 times
Quote:

AM/WF couples
WM/BW couples

You work in retail, as so you're racist because you're in poverty.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Hmm. I don't experience that at all. I see WM/BW couples quite often in Oakland, but not in SF. I see few AM/WW couples anywhere but I know some. You must be in the wrong places. I also see a lot of BW with kids that are probably fathered by WM out and about.
Your right. I actually revise my earlier statement. You do actually see more than a few WM/BW couples in Oakland. But rarely see WW/AM or WW/BM in Oakland.

In fact, the interracial dating in Oakland is highly skewed towards WM in general. They seem to be able to date whomever they want but it's not the other way around. Which is interesting.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:03 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,938 times
Quote:
Switch to personal attacks and don't address the topic lol
There was no personal attack. The topic is inane and pointless however. Why does this matter to you or why is this something that you need to ponder in this day and age? Are you from the 1950's or something?

The fact that you would comment or care AND offer to take photos of total strangers solely because of their race to post on a public forum as proof that there are white people dating black people (or Asian women dating white men--or whatever combination) is very troubling.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
There was no personal attack. The topic is inane and pointless however. Why does this matter to you or why is this something that you need to ponder in this day and age? Are you from the 1950's or something?

The fact that you would comment or care AND offer to take photos of total strangers solely because of their race to post on a public forum as proof that there are white people dating black people (or Asian women dating white men--or whatever combination) is very troubling.

First, don't bring out inane tropes such as "it's not the 1950's" as a counter-argument. Please realize we do not live in a post-racial country (and this is as true in California as anywhere else) and you would have to be naïve or dumb to not realize the myriad persistent racial inequities in our society.

Second, it's called observation. The basis of science and curiosity. In the interest of science and understanding the social world around me. No, noticing certain patterns in our society is not "troubling" in any way. Let's talk about how it's "troubling" that racial inequities, discrimination, fake liberalism, and white male patriarchal oppression exists in our society to the extent it does in the year 2017.

It's a free country and I can take pictures in public places if I want.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
You'll also notice that the majority of them were locked by moderators. He's obviously got a history of race baiting.
Oh his posts were a real treat LOL. I forgot all about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland